Which moderate?

Much-Pixie-Dust

Stayed at them all and based on your thoughts and wishes, I would recommend CSR due to the pool, hot tub, and there seems to be more adults milling around due to the convention aspect of the hotel in comparison to the other 3. Hope you have a great trip!

acishere

1. CSR: Rooms are borderline deluxe quality. The coolest theme pool of the mods. Has a small nightclub. Gorgeous Mexican resort theme. Much more adult atmosphere overall as well.

2. POR: It reminds me more of Tom Sawyer than New Orleans. You have a choice of Princess, rustic, or mansion rooms. Beautiful grounds. The best food court of the mods. I prefer the quiet pools, but the main one has everything you need. Boat to DTD for nightlife, well what is left of it.

3. POFQ: This is New Orleans themed so you might want something different. But it is a lot smaller than the other mods so it is easier to get around. Very nicely appointed rooms however and the NOLA theme is beautiful.

CBR: Beautiful grounds. Awesome pool. Lots of beach space to lounge around in a hammock. Rooms however are lacking. Double beds and the non theme rooms are just too generic imo and the pirate rooms are overkill.

ryan1

I've stayed at CS, CB, and POR back when it was Dixie Landing but have not used any of the pools. I liked CB because of the beach theme but CS feels like a deluxe resort when walking around and in the lobby area. The room was nicer at CS too. The pool at CS looked better than CB though.

bethymouse

The larger mods like CBR and CSR can be overwhelming! I love the quaintness of POFQ and PORS. I think it just all depends on the themeing you prefer.;)

LeafsFanNL

Most people when they consider this, forget the best attribute of POFQ. When I have stayed at WL and BC, I have really enjoyed how when you exit a park at closing how much less crowded deluxe bus stops are compared to values and moderates. To me, the POFQ bus corral is much more like WL or BC compared to the horrific lines like you see in the Pop or PoR corrals. We won't stay value again, and the only moderate we would consider is POFQ

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Most people when they consider this, forget the best attribute of POFQ. When I have stayed at WL and BC, I have really enjoyed how when you exit a park at closing how much less crowded deluxe bus stops are compared to values and moderates. To me, the POFQ bus corral is much more like WL or BC compared to the horrific lines like you see in the Pop or PoR corrals. We won't stay value again, and the only moderate we would consider is POFQ
Well, busses at POFQ are hard to predict because sometimes they run only to that resort, but also sometimes run through POR as well.

So, what should be a 15 minute ride turns into 45 due to the extra stops.

I stayed at POFQ this year, and while I have many positive (and a few negative) things to say about it, I would not list bus service among them.

I would rank the POFQ bus service lower than the dreaded CBR...

The best bus service on property, I think, is Pop or AoA, for the simple fact that they run separate lines, the busses come often, and you can ride either one to get "home".

Last edited:

Skibum1970

I'll echo that CSR is probably the best for what you are looking for. The whole resort looks like it is tailored more twoards adults, which may be a function of the attached convention center. Buzz's CSR site and allears.net have a lot of information on CSR and allears.net has a lot on other moderates. Plus, the resort reviews here on wdwmagic are also very helpful. CSR has the dedicated bus lines although I've never had a problem at PORS with buses. Both resorts have good quiet pools as well as a nice main pool.

LeafsFanNL

Well, busses at POFQ are hard to predict because sometimes they run only to that resort, but also sometimes run through POR as well.

So, what should be a 15 minute ride turns into 45 due to the extra stops.

I stayed at POFQ this year, and while I have many positive (and a few negative) things to say about it, I would not list bus service among them.

I would rank the POFQ bus service lower than the dreaded CBR...

The best bus service on property, I think, is Pop or AoA, for the simple fact that they run separate lines, the busses come often, and you can ride either one to get "home".

None of this relates to my main point. I love the size of the POFQ bus line when the parks close, beats all the values and moderates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom