Which moderate would you suggest??

hellokitty1

I have stayed at the ASMO, WL, POLY, CONT.
but never moderates.

Is it worth the little extra money from the
ASMO??

I dont want to be disappointed, since I can
only compare to deluxe resorts.

thanks

Disneynut

It depends what you are looking for. If you only sleep in the room and don't want to make use of the resort amenities then go with All-Stars. Moderate Resort offer a few more amenities, at least a sit down restaurant instead of just a food court. Might be nice to use a sit-down restaurant after a day at the parks.

Upvote 0

Lance

I recommend both of the Port Orleans, FQ and Riverside.

But I would take a Magic Kingdom Resort over a moderate any day of the week.

Upvote 0

Lance

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

IMO I think Riverside is a bit nicer and more spacious than FQ. Plus the food court is probably the best on property. :slurp:

I stayed at the FQ last month, I haven't stayed at Riverside, but I do agree with you, I do think Riverside is better than FQ. But they are both nice.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

most definately Dixie Landings (of course, now known as Riverside....hate that name!!!) i agree, WDW-Imagineer, it's more spacious and the food court is the best i've ever ate at! and trust me, i've eaten at several!
i love the moderate resorts!!! they have the themeing like the deluxe resorts, but minus the personal balconies. the rooms are pretty much like the layout of the all stars. if you do stay at RS, see if you can request the bayou area (it's the best!) although the other areas are very nice looking (like plantations with beautiful gardens)
i've stayed at all the 'levels' of Disney resorts...all three all stars, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Boardwalk, Old Key West, and WL. (just in case your wondering, OKW was my least fave...i'll never stay there again!) personally, i love all of them...but if i had all of them to choose from, i'd probably pick the moderate resorts. i just love the hustle and bustle of the food courts in the morning, and the layout, plus they have the themeing going on. which the others have themeing too, but you get what you pay for! and too, most of the trips i've taken, i've stayed at moderate resorts, so it's like they're home to me. now that we're part of the DVC, it's more difficult to stay at the moderate resorts since they cost more points than the deluxe. i just feel kinda out of place at the deluxe. they're really fun to stay at, but i kinda feel like i'm out of me league there. kinda like it's not the Disney i grew up with. am i making sense here? lol ;)
anyway, most definately give the moderates a chance! and out of all of them, i'd definately recommend RS over all!

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

We've only stayed Moderate or Deluxe and IMO Dixie Landings is a fantastic resort, the setting is beautiful, the rooms adequate size, food court great and the availability of boats, bike hire etc superb. I know the Deluxe resorts have the monorail and so near to the resorts, but for me there is a very special magic about the DL maybe its the wonderful entertainment in the bar of an evening. Go for it I can gaurantee you won't be disappointed.:)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Beauty and the
We've only stayed Moderate or Deluxe and IMO Dixie Landings is a fantastic resort, the setting is beautiful, the rooms adequate size, food court great and the availability of boats, bike hire etc superb. I know the Deluxe resorts have the monorail and so near to the resorts, but for me there is a very special magic about the DL maybe its the wonderful entertainment in the bar of an evening. Go for it I can gaurantee you won't be disappointed.:)

I forgot about the boats! They are great! Riverside is located on a river (the name escapes me at the moment) which goes to the FQ, Old Key West, and of course Downtown Disney. If you have a larger party, rent a pontoon boat and take a trip down to Downtown. Plus, the small boats are great for short trips... especially if you want to go alone.

Upvote 0

Lance

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I forgot about the boats! They are great! Riverside is located on a river (the name escapes me at the moment) which goes to the FQ, Old Key West, and of course Downtown Disney.

The mighty Sassagoula River

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom