Which is better overall the Princess Half or the Star Wars Half

OG Runner

Original Poster
My girlfriend wants to run her first half as a Disney event. She will be running next year. I will run with her.
I am wondering overall, how do the two compare, weather-wise, crowd-wise, etc. Any information would
be helpful!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Princess will definitely be more crowded than Star Wars. Like twice the number of runners.
12,572 finished the 10K; 20,499 finished the Princess Half, over 17K of them women.

Weather wise, it's a toss up. 2015, 2016, 2017 Princess cool to cold. 2018, 2019 Princess warm to Yellow flag. This year's Princess? Cold.

All Star Wars I've run have been pleasant. Not too warm (uppers 60s/low 70s at start) and not excessively warm during the race.

OG Runner

Original Poster
Princess will definitely be more crowded than Star Wars. Like twice the number of runners.
12,572 finished the 10K; 20,499 finished the Princess Half, over 17K of them women.

Weather wise, it's a toss up. 2015, 2016, 2017 Princess cool to cold. 2018, 2019 Princess warm to Yellow flag. This year's Princess? Cold.

All Star Wars I've run have been pleasant. Not too warm (uppers 60s/low 70s at start) and not excessively warm during the race.

Thank you! I really appreciate the crowd information. I know the weather can be hit or miss. It was in the mid 80s when I ran the marathon in January. (go figure.)

OG Runner

Original Poster
I wish I was from Florida. I came from the Northeast in January, temps in the 20s to race day in the 80s.
It did not go well.

dreamfinder

Princess is very popular. When I had done it a few times, the crowd seemed to trend towards women either traveling with local friends, or using it as a reunion with distant friends. Lots and lots of similar matching tutus or shirts, stuff like that. Nothing wrong with it, just what I noticed. Then again, back then it was something like 95% female, 5% male, but that male % has definitly increased a bit now, so it may have changed. It does usually fall around New England school vacation weeks, so the parks & resorts are generally busy due to that, even without the race weekend being held.

Can't speak to Star Wars.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
My girlfriend wants to run her first half as a Disney event. She will be running next year. I will run with her.
I am wondering overall, how do the two compare, weather-wise, crowd-wise, etc. Any information would
be helpful!
Sorry, I’m late to the game, Star Wars was my favorite of the two (I prefer the star wars and wine and dine route to the marathon/princess routes). If you are Han Solo (like me):
- Star Wars - I prefer this route, there’s lot’s of fun Star Wars characters to interact with before, during, and after the race. Also, more pyrotechnics during the race (mostly the first few miles).
- Princess - 90% women (which can be good or bad depending on your outlook). My best percentage-wise finish (probably partially because I wasn’t interested in many characters). But, by God, do not let your mind drift in the corral and accidentally stare at someone, you will be called out and probably need to move, haha! I kid, everyone was very kind and with more women, probably way more so than after Star Wars, I just don’t like the routes they use for this one.

Edit - I’ve had a few drinks tonight and ignored that you will be with your girlfriend, I would take a girlfriend to Princess over Star Wars unless I knew her to be a bigger Star Wars fan over Princesses. Princess is not bad for guys, but you can really score some points making it all about her and still have a lot of fun too! (My preference for Star Wars is like choosing between two really great chocolates, you can’t go wrong)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
But, by God, do not let your mind drift in the corral and accidentally stare at someone, you will be called out and probably need to move

But you're at least a foot taller than everyone else in the corrals, so you'd be staring over their heads. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom