which car

themax

considering a convertible ,have read a few reports and still not sure, as there is only the wife and my 10 yearold daughter, would probably only have 2 cases so space would not be a problem.
any input welcomed

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Convertibles are not a great idea in Florida. It rains to often not to mention you can easily get sunburned on the ride from the airport to WDW, not the best way to start a vacation.

Upvote 0

righttrack

I'd say no to the convertable as well. Too hot, too sunny, too much rain. Considering any drive of 4 miles or greater is likely to encounter rain along the way in summer, its just not worth it.

Upvote 0
I agree a converable is defiantely a big NO so don't believe what the Travel channels say. I would reccomend a Dodge type vehicle like a Durango or a Grand Caravan, because they are nice to travel around in, have strong air conditioning, and even if there are only a couple of you in the car there would be a lot of space in the car for the rest of you.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

A convertable is so cool :cool:, driving about with the top down - getting burnt from the hot Florida sunshine !! I would seriously reconsider your options - what could be better than following a long hot day in the parks, getting into your car and within seconds you've cooled down because the air con is so effective.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

i'd get the convertable but be very mindful of your daughter.
make sure there is pleanty of sunblock to go around
im going in 3 days (!) and i rented a convertable
it will be fun and if it rains or if i get too hot i'll just put the top up

Upvote 0

barnum42

I had a convertable on a solo trip many years ago courtesy of a free upgrade. I used my smarts and kept the top up when I picked it up as I had a long journey to to the hotel (flew into Miami), but after that I has the top down most of the time (except when raining). Regarding exposure to sun - I spend the better part of the day in the open at the parks, so an extra 20 mins in the car won't make a big difference. However, I've only gone at off-peak times so would defer to locals' advice during the summer.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
barnum42 said:
I spend the better part of the day in the open at the parks, so an extra 20 mins in the car won't make a big difference.
I mentioned it only because it is one of those things that most people don't think about much like wearing sun screen at the parks, but having a wife that burns under fluorescent lighting it is always a concern in the Master Yoda household.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Convertibles are cool, but bear in mind one thing. There have been bands of criminals across Central Florida, Disney Property Included that are slashing open the vinyl roofs of convertibles and removing belongings from inside the car... and sometimes the car itself.

Personally, I'd go with dollar and pick a new Dodge Charger

Upvote 0

barnum42

mkt said:
Convertibles are cool, but bear in mind one thing. There have been bands of criminals across Central Florida, Disney Property Included that are slashing open the vinyl roofs of convertibles and removing belongings from inside the car... and sometimes the car itself.
This is why I would never have a convertible in the UK. They also slash the roof just to be nasty.

Upvote 0

duchess1576

I rented a Chrystler Sebring convertible when I went to Disney this past April. We didn't have it at the resort, we picked it up after our Disney stay to drive to Punta Gorda to stay with friends a few days before flying home.

I LOVED our convertible. We drove on the Florida highway with the top down for an hour. I had my big sun hat on and felt so Florida-like.

Convertibles have magical tops that appear out of nowhere, ya know. Oh yeah, I'm not kidding. And this other magical lotion stuff called sunscreen was invented not long ago too! Wow!

Ha ha. ;)

Upvote 0

CTripp

I personally wouldn't rent a convertible, but then again I have 2 in my driveway. I don't think it would be very comfortable, depending on the time of the year. Maybe try an SUV, or the Dodge charger.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom