Which All- Star?

Dwarful

Are you going with Kids or w/o? When we went b.c. (before children:) we stayed at Music and enjoyed it. We have also stayed at Sports...I wasnt completely impressed with the theme relating to Disney but the kids liked it..and its a nice hotel easy to use transportation, food options etc. This trip will be our first to get into at Movies...the kids cant wait! Either way we have never been disappointed with the AllStar experience...as we are not in the rooms for a great deal of time, the pool areas are kept nice, large & clean, for us its a great way to stay onsite w/o paying a fortune..this time we get 10 days at disney...if we upgraded to a moderate we would have only been there 5 days for the same price!

Upvote 0

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
If you dont have kids stay at All Star Music. There are less childern there. And the food courts are in my opinion better than the moderate hotels.

Upvote 0

Credo96

I have stayed at all 3 All Star Resports.

My favorite is Music, the Kids liked Movies.

If you are going with kids, show them pictures and ask them which one. It will not matter, you will not be disapointed.
ºoº

http:\\64.41.109.164\index.htm

Upvote 0

Chernabog

What a great forum! I have been trying to figure out which one is best myself by looking at pictures. I've got two friends comming down to visit in late May/early June and was trying to decide between Music and Movies. It's looking more like movies because it's easier to relate to. But I love knowing everyone else's experiances.

Upvote 0

Carling

All Star Music

I've stayed at all 3 resorts over the years, and think that music is the best. I don't do sports or anything active like that......but I like music.....so there ya go!

The movies seemed a lot bigger than the others, especially the food court area - This was mayhem at busy times.....

Going back in June and staying at the Sheraton Safari - anyone been there?....

:sohappy: :cool: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyrazZ

On my trip a few weeks ago, we stayed at All Star Music and thoroughly enjoyed it...we also toured the other All-Star resorts and personally found Music to be our favorite, though Movies came in with a very close second...It all depends on what you like most and what you are there for:

Movies: giant Dalmations, giant Jack in the Box, giant Herbie, etc. If you want to feel TOTALLY immersed in Disney, choose this one...also if you have kids choose this one.

Music: if you enjoy music, and are travelling without kids, choose this one. The giant icons of aspects of music are awesome. Also, there are 2 hidden mickeys here :D

Sports: If you LOVE sports, stay here. Giant icons of baseball bats, football helmets, hockey sticks and hockey pucks.

Each resort is exactly the same outside of their theming. In a way, it is a decision only the person staying there can make since everyone has their own preferences and opinions!

~DisneyrazZ~

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

My favorite is Movies...with Sports in second. I think Movies has the best theming as it was the last to be built. The Fantasia section is extremely well-themed. One drawback of Movies is that the buses often stop there last...and Sports first

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I must agree with DisneyRazZ when we went w/oKids we loved Music, the boys loved the sports but it left some to be desired by the girls in our group...but they are little and not into sports yet. All the kids in our group cant wait to try Movies...this is our first trip to movies...but it does seem that Music draws the adults more and the kids will have loads of other kids to play with in the pools at Movies...so if you want to avoid kids avoid Movies! But I dont think you can really go wrong with any of them. the rooms are all alike size wise and furnishings etc.

Upvote 0

Coronado

They are all nice and you meet REAL people there spending their OWN money..... They are now charging an extra ten bucks for preferred view or location.... If you go to Music....Cailpso inside rooms (Closest to the ools...and food court) are extra now... Sports premium is.... Surf. At Movies, it is Dalmation (Pongo side)... It is always fun there.... buy a couple of bottomless mugs... and bring them back next year..... they will still be useable.... (no I did not spell ools wrong.... no one wants 'p' in their ools.:lol:

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Well, I've stayed in Music, and I loved it. But on our next trip, I really wanna stay in Movies, I think it's the best theme. Of course, I believe they're all the same, so you should choose by your own personal taste. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Well it depends on what you are looking for at the All Star...

If you would like quiet go for Music. Not to many kids go there.

If you want the true Disney feel I recommend Movies. It is the only "Disney" themed resort.

Sports IMO is the best themed, with the best objects.

Upvote 0

tinkrbel

I was surprised ..but the kids liked All Star Music best and so did we .. there were alot more kids at the Music then there were when we stayed at the Movies.. never stayed at the Sports ..really dont care much for sports or the sports theme

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

We don't care for sports, so we never wanted to book at the All Star Sports, but got stuck there on a last minute trip last Thanksgiving when it was the only room still available. We now think we will book there again. The buses picked up at the Sports first in the mornings (then headed over to Music--they almost always had to stand--with little kids being able to sit was a big deal to us), and then dropped us off first at night. That little bit of convienence was more important than the themeing to us. Besides, it is a short walk across the parking lot from the baseball and Tennis rooms to the Music if you want a change of pace.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
OF course the flip side is that if you stay at music like we do you're the last ones picked up so you have a shorter bus ride and you're the first ones off the bus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom