Where's my confirmation and plane tickets?

crassmonkey

Made my reservation for my WDW trip in Sept. on February 10th. I bought my plane tickets (Airtran) along with my trip. I was told that I would recieve my plane tickets about a month later, and my confirmation package in the mail around that time. I never recieved anything in the mail. Called WDW back on around March 10th and told them I hadnt recieved anything. They confirmed my address and said they would resend it. It's now April 13th (about 2 months now) and still nothing. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess I should call again, but getting worried. Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

maryszhi

I would call, that seems kinda strange. I have never had that happen, but know people who its have. They called, explained the sit, and they sent it right away. It came with in the week!
Hope this helps!!!!!
~ When you wish upon a star~
~A dream is what your heart makes~

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Airtran doesn't have tickets. They're e-ticket only, like most airlines these days. I do believe they charge extra (I think 50 dollars) for a printed ticket. E-tickets are a much better way to go. Your Driver's License essentially becomes your ticket!

Upvote 0

RedBaron

Very interesting, I guess I would call again. I just made my reservations for September as well on Monday and they said I would be getting my confirmation in the mail in 7-10 days. So 2 months seems like a long time to wait. Good luck and I hope they resolve your problem for you this time.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

As stated above, AirTran does not use paper tickets. You will be getting an email and 24 hours before your flight you can print out your boarding passes, the concierge at WDW will print out your return ones upon request.

We never received any confirmation papers in the mail, but we did get an email with all of our information concerning our trip. Once your package is all paid for you will get your papers for your trip in the mail and about 10 day before the trip you will get your luggage tags, etc if you are using Magical Express.

*of course thats all subject to change because thats how humans are :lol:

Upvote 0

pways

use a travel agent

Thank is why I book with a travel agent. I always get a confirmation right in my hand as I book. It cost $30.00 for there fee extra but I have the magical feeling as I leave there office that I am booked and paper work in my hand. You still have to wait for Disney to send the final paper work to present to the hotel but that always comes two weeks before departure and the agent takes card of that. Never have had a probelem. Leaving Saturday.....yea!!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

crassmonkey

Original Poster
That's wierd what everyone is saying about Airtran giving online tickets. Both people I have spoken with at reservations said that Airtran is the only airline that still gives paper tickets, not online tickets, so that's why he said it would come in the mail.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Did you pay for your trip in full? Disney generally does not send anything until it is paid in full. If it is paid in full, you should recieve the travel packet closer to your departure date that will included a paper voucher for the airline in there. It will also be listed on the master reservation itinerary sheet that is in the packet.
If it is just the initial confirmation paper that you are looking for, they usually only take a couple of weeks at the most when you book with them to come in the mail.

If it is one of the few airlines that do still use the paper tickets, you will recieve them by mail separately within a couple of weeks from when you paid for them in full.

When you use a TA, we usually either do it directly online so we can e-mail you the confirmation or if we call it in, Disney will fax us a confirmation. Paper airline tickets are mailed to us and we then place them in the travel packet once everything is paid in full or they have the voucher in the trvel packet. We usually recieve the travel packet approx. 3-4 weeks prior to your travel time.

Either way, you should have recieved the initial reservation confirmation by this time. I would call again. If the air was not paid in full when you made your booking and you are making payments, you will not recieve anything until it is paid in full.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom