Where would you eat late at Epcot?

DisneyMom06

Original Poster
We arrive on Epcot's evening EMH day and will be able to get to the park around 6PM. Since we have the dining plan I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for dinner after illuminations?

Sorry, I thought that I put this is trip planning and don't know how to move it.

cj2me

I would check to see what Restaurants are opened for the EMH. BAsed on my experiences at MGM and MK there aren't many restaurants opened for the late EMHs.

csm7030

I believe the the EMH's usually only apply to Future World. The World Showcase will be open until the usual 9:00 p.m. with Illuminations at that time. Any of the countries would be great and our normal time is 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. anyway, so it wouldn't actually be that late for dinner. 1) Canada, Mexico, Italy, or France inside, or 2) Mexico, China, or England outside.

Edeyore

This is never a problem. One of my favorite spots is the smaller restaurant in Japan. Get the Shogun Special and eat outside under the lanterns. The atmosphere and food, are exceptional. A glass of warm sake will help you relax.

JuicyJessie

csm7030 said:
I believe the the EMH's usually only apply to Future World. The World Showcase will be open until the usual 9:00 p.m. with Illuminations at that time. Any of the countries would be great and our normal time is 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. anyway, so it wouldn't actually be that late for dinner. 1) Canada, Mexico, Italy, or France inside, or 2) Mexico, China, or England outside.

For EMH our restaurant at UK pavillion the Rose & Crown stays open til 10 so you are able to come eat here after illuminations!

natalia1681

Edeyore said:
This is never a problem. One of my favorite spots is the smaller restaurant in Japan. Get the Shogun Special and eat outside under the lanterns. The atmosphere and food, are exceptional. A glass of warm sake will help you relax.

What is the smaller restaurant in Japan? The only restaurant I can think of is the Hibachi/Tempura place (I cannot think of the names, sorry!).

I love Japanese food and really dig the idea of eating outside under some lanterns.:D

I'm not opposed to sake or relaxing for that matter:lol:

natalia1681

I actually got very curious about it and checked on the Disney website, then looked at the menu:D

I love love love Japanese food and couldn't believe there was someplace serving the goods that I didn't know about:lol:

mkepcotmgmak

JAPAN!!! I am a VERY picky eater, and was dragged to this restaurant against my will. I LOVED it. I actually just made a priority seating there for June :). Japanese food is not like Chinese food, if that matters to you. It's actually more like American food, with Japanese dipping sauces... haha. I had steak and chicken... my favorite place to eat in Epcot, hands down (or up, if you are on Rock N Rollercoaster!):wave:
Have fun!

bhg469

natalia1681 said:
What is the smaller restaurant in Japan? The only restaurant I can think of is the Hibachi/Tempura place (I cannot think of the names, sorry!).

I love Japanese food and really dig the idea of eating outside under some lanterns.:D

I'm not opposed to sake or relaxing for that matter:lol:

Tempura Kiku is the smaller place to the right of teppinyaki. I Really love japanese food too. They just opened a new place by my apartment called sakura, it is sooooooo good. Dare i say it but its better than disney japanese.

csaguy

Let's Eat

Fish & chips at England, Anything at Mexico, Beer in Germany, Wine in France and Cannolis at Italy for dessert. (Normally in a couple of hours).

DopeysGirl1226

Japan is awesome for lunch, me any my husband eat there at least 4 times when we go there.

We eat at the one upstairs and to the right. There's usually never a wait, and we can sit by the windows and still see whats going on outside. He loves the sake, me im a fan of the plum wine. Its the best that i've had!

I do know people who have eaten there during the fireworks, they were able to see most with an unobstruced view (flames, globes and such), but they couldn't hear the music nor see what ever was going on in the sky above.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
bhg469 said:
Dare i say it but its better than disney japanese.

OMG LIES!!! TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! I'M GOING TO GO CRY :cry:

Actually Sushi Nabe of Kyoto is the best in the world. He cooked for the emperor! He now currently resides in my city :p

xtimMOOthyx

The Land is probably my favorite table service on property, and is open during EMH. Sunshine Seasons at The Land has great sandwiches. As for table service, Mexico is awesome. The food is delicious!

RedGear

I would say Rose and Crown has the best view, but if you call and make reservations, the person will tell you right away that they can not do "special request" for fireworks viewing. I wanted to say to her, "Lady, I'm eating at 6pm, there aren't going to be any fireworks to look at!"

They do take the dinning plan at Rose and Crown. I would print out the list of resturants that accept the dinning plan, so you don't get there and they don't accept it.

I think almost all the places at Epcot are great to eat at, theres only 3 that I haven't been to before, but I am working on it. Good Luck! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom