where to watch english soccer in wdw?

smw

Original Poster
my girl and i will want to watch the last tottenham match of the season while we're there at the end of may. isnt there a bar in england at epcot? seems like it might be an appropriate venue. anyone have any experience with watching there or elsewhere?

dave&di

I was raised in a Tottenham supporting family and live 10 minutes from Tottenham but I wouldn't watch a match while at WDW!! You must be very loyal!!!

smw

Original Poster
I was raised in a Tottenham supporting family and live 10 minutes from Tottenham but I wouldn't watch a match while at WDW!! You must be very loyal!!!

Ha! 2 hours out of a whole week is an easy sacrifice for the last match, especially if a result gets us back to champions league next season.

Disney Yiddos! ;)

dave&di

Ha! 2 hours out of a whole week is an easy sacrifice for the last match, especially if a result gets us back to champions league next season.

Disney Yiddos! ;)

OK, I suppose if I had to watch it anywhere WDW is better than North London!

eddiemcgarrigle

I can understand your wanting to see the last game of the season but you should watch a better supported club. No problems watching Celtic as there is the Orlando Celtic Supporters Club which is always to be found at a location on I-Drive. In fact, there may be a bar available on I-Drive for you to watch Spurs, you never know.

Oh, that would be Great Britain in Epcot and not solely England. Sorry, pet hate.

fyn

GO ALL YOU SPURS!

ESPN Club, Raglan Road (maybe?), Rose and Crown (do they have TVs?).

If Bale's healthy, watching him play is well worth losing 2 hours at Disney. The guy's like superman.

disney magic 06

I've never seen tv at Rose & Crown, and the bar area in there isn't very big. I have seen Premier League soccer on at the bar in Polynesian but we didn't stay as it was Manchester City :animwink:

Whenever we want to watch soccer we go to ESPN. They have a big screen and dozens of smaller ones all around the bar - some booths have their own individual one. We asked about a specific game a couple of years ago (I think Man Utd v Chelsea) and they said that as long as it is televised they can show it, if it isn't on the main screen due to public demand for something else, they're happy to put it on the screeen nearest to you.

Remember the time difference, we are there for the FA Cup Final this year but it will kick off at 10.00 Florida time. I think ESPN opens at 1130 normally, I wonder if they'll open early? I hope so - well depending on the results of the semis. UK evening games are great, kick off at 3pm at WDW, just when it feels really hot and you're getting ready for a rest and a couple of beers!

A particularly fun feature at ESPN are the tvs in the toilets, I well remember watching Giggsy score in the Champions League semi final from the throne!!

eddiemcgarrigle

It's fair to say I expected the resident Ragers supporter to turn up. If Friday's Front Row is a slop house then what would you recommend?

I had the pleasure of watching the 6-2 demolition and the 07/08 decider when we beat Dundee Utd and the Aberdeen v Rangers game was on another TV. Brilliant.

wizards8507

Two now. I'm leaving work early and I have fried chicken, sour cream and onion Lays chips, and jelly beans waiting at home. I may be a dork, but I'm a happy dork.

Blast my adherence to Lenten abstinence from meat. Opening day isn't the same when the meal is a Filet-o-Fish.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It's fair to say I expected the resident Ragers supporter to turn up. If Friday's Front Row is a slop house then what would you recommend?

I had the pleasure of watching the 6-2 demolition and the 07/08 decider when we beat Dundee Utd and the Aberdeen v Rangers game was on another TV. Brilliant.

I unfortunately missed the 6-2 game holding back those nasty Serbs, which on reflection was preferable.

I wouldnt recommend any of the drinking establishments favoured by supporters fan sites. Tend to be over priced with lacklustre service. Though I imagine that the bars around the Rosen centre will be very enjoyable in early June.

Thorpyness

You watching them tomorrow ?
I will be.... in the home stands supporting the Latics giving it some:sohappy:

The room TV's carry some ESPN channels, so if they are covering the game, you might even be able to watch it in your room if on property. I watched part of one game when there last september.

Dangeresque

So........how 'bout them Red Sox, eh?

Useless
rs-1-daniel-bard__1242135752_7760.jpg

rsoxguy

Ack! It's only one game. A little WD-40 is all that they need. Wait a few weeks and watch the victories mount up like dollars in A-Rod's paycheck. Sit back and enjoy their season as they work toward a championship.To quote Bluto Blutarsky, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom