Where to live in orlando

Justin149

Original Poster
hey all,

I am in the process of securing a job in orlando and was wondering where a good place to live is. Is the city of orlando safe or should i try some neighboring areas. I am 22 years old, moving from NJ/NY area. Please let me know.

Thanks. Justin

MonorailGreen

It would really depend on where you are going to be working. The Orlando area is HUGE, my address is "Orlando" but I live 30 minutes away from the International Drive and Disney Area. I honestly suggest the Waterford Lakes area, it is pretty close to just about everything :D

TravisMT81

Originally posted by MonorailGreen
It would really depend on where you are going to be working. The Orlando area is HUGE, my address is "Orlando" but I live 30 minutes away from the International Drive and Disney Area. I honestly suggest the Waterford Lakes area, it is pretty close to just about everything :D

are you being sarcastic??

Orlando is sooo spread out, figure out where you are going to work then get back to us.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
check out Hunters Creek... 15 mins (MAX) from any of the parks... not just Disney ones ;), 20 mins from Downtown Orlando, 30-45 from UCF and 45 from the beach...

close enough to enjoy the tourist nonsense, but far enough to avoid it

oh yeah... I have an Orlando address too.... but I don't actually live within the city limits

mkt

Premium Member
Metrowest & Hunters Creek would probably be your best choices...

Metrowest is closer, but Hunters Creek is more central

MonorailGreen

If you like the city setting I would go for something near downtown or Baldwin Park. Hunter's Creek is a very nice area and is not too far away. MetroWest is very close but I personally do not like that area. Waterford Lakes on the eastside of town is a great area too, only about 15 minutes away via 408 to I-4. Another growing area is the Lee Vista area near the airport, about 20 minutes from Universal via 528. Hope this helps a little bit :slurp:

Originally posted by MonorailGreen
MetroWest is very close but I personally do not like that area.

I would have to agree with that. It borders right next to Pine Hills (better known to locals as "Crime Hills"). Waterford Lakes and Hunter's Creek are probably your best bets. Windermere if price isn't an option.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by TravisM
you could also live in Dr. Phillips as well. That is where I live :D

hello former neighbor... where in DP are you at?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom