where to go for a romantic dinner?

Misskitten

dh and I have been married 2 years, but we didn't have a "real" honeymoon, and this is our first major vacation together. I'd like to make it nice. suggestions?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Misskitten
dh and I have been married 2 years, but we didn't have a "real" honeymoon, and this is our first major vacation together. I'd like to make it nice. suggestions?

For the ultimate go to Victoria and Alberts. Formalwear is needed.

If that isn't for you I recommend going to the California Grill in the Contemporary and San Angel Inn in Mexico for nice but cheaper meals.

Upvote 0

tmm7899

You could try the Bistro de Paris, it is located above the other restaurant in the French Pavilion. It is really nice I think that it could be very romantic. I have been there before but not with a signifagant other just a roommate. When we did our internships we tried to eat at all the restaurants that we could. We actually made it to a good number of them, if you have any restaurant questions feel free to ask me. :)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Victoria & Albert's is said to be great, but I've never been there. Way to expensive for a CP.

I wasn't that big of fan of San Angel Inn's food, but the setting and atmosphere rocked.

The Bistro was very good. I also liked Alfredo's in Italy.

California Grill is also good.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Rustic 'n Romantic?

Artist's Point (Ft. Wilderness Lodge) is romantic, in a rustic sort of way. Great food as well, particularly for you carnivores out there

(gosh, that didn't sound romantic, did it?)

*trying again*

Norway (don't wish to offend by misspelling the restaurant)
Spoodles (Boardwalk)

*improving*

Coral Reef (Living Seas/Epcot)

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

The California Grill is a great place to go.

The Coral Reef is also good. The view of the aquarium is very relaxing and the dimmed lighting can be romantic.

I haven't eaten at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) yet but I hear it is very good (will be trying it in May). The same goes for Jiko (AKL).

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

San Angel Inn and Alfredo's are my favorite romantic places in Epcot.(p.s. Does the Alfredo's menu keep getting smaller and smaller every year? When I went last year there were about four dishes to choose from. Not what it used to be.)

I also like the Brown Derby for old Hollywood atmosphere and the piano player in the dinning area.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BDF

I would say V&A's is the Tops. but costly.

Number 2 is a tie between Jikos, Great selection of African wines, and Artists Point.

Have a great trip

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Re: Re: where to go for a romantic dinner?

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

For the ultimate go to Victoria and Alberts. Formalwear is needed.

Well, V&A's is very romantic and the service cannot be beat at WDW (or many other places at that). While you do need to wear a suit, you don't need formalwear (which I consider to mean, "tux").

(Side story: DW and I went to WDW for our honeymoon. On our wedding night, we got to the airport Marriott at at 4am. Our flight to MCO was at 8am, so we needed to be there around 6:45 (DW must be early :zipit: ). Not much sleep. Our first dinner at WDW was the late (9pm) seating at V&A's. The menus they gave us looked nice and I'm told the place looked nice and the food was great -- if you're a foodie -- but DW and I just couldn't keep our heads up through the whole dinner. We kept drifting off between courses. Thankfully, Albert combing the table kept waking us up.)

Seriously though, this place is tops if you like gourmet food. If you don't, you'll probably be staring and poking at things a lot like I was. :) How many places around WDW will actually charge you extra to grate some root on your food?

If that isn't for you I recommend going to the California Grill in the Contemporary and San Angel Inn in Mexico for nice but cheaper meals.

Both great places. I'd argue that the mood and setting of the San Angel Inn is more romantic, but the Grill has a wonderful view of MK and the GF and if you time it right, you can be eating your dessert and watching fireworks at the same time.

-sig

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom