Where to eat?

I'm going to be visting MK and Epcot in the summer. I haven't been there in about 5 years so I was hoping someone could give me some sugestions as to the best places to eat considering quaility and atmosphere as the two main ingrediants. I'll be at MK two days and epcot one. Would probally like one nice sitdown meal per day. Anythoughts? thanks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My recommendations:

MK - Crystal Palace for lunch or dinner, and Tony's Town Square Cafe for breakfast. Both offer buffets for the meals listed. For fast food, I'd say Pecos Bill in Adventureland, Plaza Pavillion and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland are your best bets.

Epcot - Garden Grill or Italy Pavilion, lunch preferably for both. Garden Grill is a buffet for lunch and dinner, Italy is menu-service and it's fast! Great ambience in both places. The Electric Umbrella is great IMHO for fast food, and it's centrally located in Future World.

Happy to share more if needed. :)

Upvote 0

Bill

Account Suspended
The San Angel Inn in Mexico has a great atmosphere, but the food in my opinion is very sub-par with the other places to eat in WDW.

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

Ok im sorry but MK there really isnt anything good....i would say get a bread bowl at the Columbia Harbor House but Disney likes plastic bowls instead which totally ruined the Chowder there......sorry a lil angry bout that....the fast food is good at MK

Epcot on the other hand has awesome food....if you like something different you should try my favorite restaurant Akserhus which is in Norway....so good.......also Rose and Crown is real good thats in the UK and so is The San Angel Inn in Mexico......i would say stay FAR FAR FAR AWAY from Alfredos in Italy......SO BAD also Germany's restaurant isnt good either......GO WITH NORWAY OR UK.......

Upvote 0

Tenny317

OK food.......haha always good stuff

MK- I like Crystal Palace and The Liberty Tree Tavern. The liberty Tree Tavern is family style and all homestyle food I just recently went there and it is sooooo good!

Epcot- I like the Electric Umbrella for fast food and the little Mexico place....I liked The Living Seas resturant but you have to like seafood and the China one was pretty good too. My friends went to Japan for dinner where they cook in front of you, they said they had a good time there.

If you want to eat not in the parks, Chef MIckey's is fun and I love The House of Blues in Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

I agree about MK. The only thing I really like there is the prime rib at Cinderella's Royal Table (we only go for dinner). There isn't much in the way of "fine dining" there and it saddens me.

As far as EPCOT - you've got your work cut out for you! If you are fairly big eaters (or have a group of 4 or more adventerous eaters), follow in our footsteps! We actually have an "eat around the world" day! It's so much fun! We get a little appetizer every where we go and split it (fish n chips in UK, pastry in France, etc. etc) but our all time favorite place so far is the Matso no ma sushi lounge. See, we get great sea food out here in California, but their sushi is AMAZING. We look forward to it every time we go and often eat there more than once! The Teppanyaki grill is fun to and the food is great (we split the steak and lobster meal for lunch). You need PS to get into the Teppanki, but you don't to get into the lounge, just stroll right on in! :)

San Angel Inn is actually pretty good, if you know what to order (in other words, don't get too fancy). The tortilla soup is great and it's hard to mess up nachos! They have a very interesting dessert with incorperates banannas, ice cream, a fried tortillia, and dark chocolate.

~Jay

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by martinthesparta
I'm going to be visting MK and Epcot in the summer. I haven't been there in about 5 years so I was hoping someone could give me some sugestions as to the best places to eat considering quaility and atmosphere as the two main ingrediants. I'll be at MK two days and epcot one. Would probally like one nice sitdown meal per day. Anythoughts? thanks.

In the Magic Kingdon, King Steffan's...uh, restaurant - wow, i'm drawing a complete blank. Anyway, the one up in the castle, whatever it's called now! Sit-down, great food, decent lunch prices.

MGM - Mama Melrose's. Great Italian cuisine

EPCOT - Rose & Crown Pub at UK

AK - Don't know, haven't spent enough time there to eat....ugh

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Useless peice of trivia

In the Magic Kingdon, King Steffan's...uh, restaurant - wow, i'm drawing a complete blank. Anyway, the one up in the castle, whatever it's called now! Sit-down, great food, decent lunch prices.

Just a funny thing I discovered here. The restruant inside the castle USED TO BE called (until a couple years ago) "King Steffan's Banquet Hall." Now, does anyone see a problem with it? "King Steffan's Banquet Hall" inside "Cinderella's Castle"?

Unless Aurora's (aka Sleeping Beauty) FATHER was visiting Cinderella long enough to have his own banquet hall, something was VERY WRONG! :)

So - its not "Cinderella's Royal Table" and the prime rib is Great! :)
~J. Darling

Upvote 0
This is for MK -
It is not for a sit down meal - but one of our favorites is Pecos Bill's - I love the Kit Carson salad and my family feels that they serve one of the best cheeseburgers and fries there. The condiments table is awsome they even have grilled mushrooms for your burgers.

We don't usually do sit downs at MK but at EPCOT - we love Alfredos in Italy - The Biergarden in Germany is fun. We love to eat at The Grill in the land and also Coral Reef in the Living Seas. Just depends on the kind of food you like.

Enjoy your magic trip.

Upvote 0

disneydawg

MK - I like Columbia Harbour House for lunch and if its atmosphere you want I say go for Cinderella's round table in the castle.

Epcot - I would be remiss if I didnt recommend Coral Reef. I eat there just about everytime I go to WDW. I also really enjoy Restaraunt Marakkesh in Morocco. Great atmosphere all around.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

(Now is the time where I begin to praise Retaurant Marrakesh in EPCOT...)

Restuarant Marrakesh is the best Restaurant in EPCOT. The ambience is incredible! The service is fantastic! The food is mouthwatering!:D

Alrightly, now that I got that out of my system...I would also suggest Cape May Cafe and Flying Fish Cafe, which are with walking distance of the World Showcase.:)

Upvote 0

BigNorm

Originally posted by imagineer99
Restuarant Marrakesh is the best Restaurant in EPCOT. The ambience is incredible! The service is fantastic! The food is mouthwatering!:D

Even though I've never eaten in Morrocco, I disagree. I think, even though it's cliche now, San Angel Inn has the best ambience in Epcot. Plus if you're definitely looking for romance, the dimly lit 'marketplace' is sure to put you in "the mood." Best of all, the food's excellent to boot! Can't go wrong at that pavilion. It's delicious, romantic, and if the band is out playing , alot of fun. Try the queso fundido, it's the one of the best dishes on the menu, even if it is only an appetizer.

At MK, I've always eaten at Pinnochio's. Mostly because I'm wanting something quick, but their double cheeseburger is out of this world too. One of the best on property I think. I've never eaten at a priority seating restaurant at MK, save the Crystal Palace character breakfast, which is alot of fun. I'd definitely suggest doing the character breakfast, even if you haven't any children in you party.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

For atmosphere and quality, I'd recommend eating at Epcot in either Canada, France, Italy, Norway, or Mexico. In Magic Kingodm, the castle is probably your best bet. Crystal Palace is nice, but it is a buffet and can be a bit noisy, especially if you do the character dinner.

Upvote 0

Jungle Skipper

At the MK I reccomend Tony's Towne Square Restaurant if you like Italian food....but the best sit down at MK is Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner.

At Epcot...mm...everything is so good! :D

My personal favorites:
The Rose and Crown (UK-pub style food)
Le Cellier (Canada-Steakhouse)
Nine Dragons (Chinese Food)
San Angel Inn (Real, Traditional Mexican---not "TexMex")

At the MK I reccomend hoping on the monorail and heading over to the Polynesian for O'hana (mmmmm...O'hana) or even the contemporary's two sit down restaurants are top of the line. Those 3 places beat out EVERYWHERE in the MK when it comes to sit down dining.

Just my thoughts,

Jungle Josh

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
Ok im sorry but MK there really isnt anything good....i would say get a bread bowl at the Columbia Harbor House but Disney likes plastic bowls instead which totally ruined the Chowder there......sorry a lil angry bout that....the fast food is good at MK

I had the bread bowl chowder in September last year. Has it now gone?

By and large I do not rate much of the food at Magic Kingdom - but Epcot has an abundance of tasty goodies. Alternatives to dining in Magic Kingdom, without going too far away and thus taking up part of your three days would be to try the resorts that you can easily get to via the monorail.

Click here for all the menus from the park

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

There are so many choices in Epcot, but my family relly likes the Garden Grill in the Land Pavillion. The Skillet dinner is great for my wife, youngest daughter and myself, while my older daughter, a vegetarian, can also order a great meal. Throw in Mikey, Pluto, and Chip and Dale and the whole family has great food and fun. We also like how the restaurant revolves during the meal so we can see the scenes from the land ride as we eat.

Upvote 0

dae_woods

I love it when we get to talk about food! :D I agree that the atmosphere of San Angel is amazing, that marketplace is so cool. However, it would really only be a decent place for dinner because of the prices. You can get almost as good of mexican food outside at the

As for MK, Cinderella's Royal Table has excellent food and you can't beat eating inside the castle. Also for lunch, since most of the quick serve places serve the same stuff, I recommend eating at the Pinnochio's next to Small World. There are windows that overlook the small world loading dock and you can sit, smile, wave and make fun of the people embarking on their small world journey.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom