Where do I start joining reservations to be ready for fast pass selections?

Longers

Original Poster
Hi there
I need help!
I am not new to Disney or fast pass (some of you will be aware from previous TR's) however this year my brother and sister in law are joining us so we have never had to link reservations. How do we get ready for our fast pass selection day? Both of us booked our holidays separately so we both have separate reservation numbers etc. I am the planner so think it will be left to me to do fast pass selections etc.
Can I do anything now? How?
And if not what do I need to do and when?
I just don't want to get confused on the day.
Thank you

I am guessing @Rob562 will know the answer (as he normally does!) - thanks

Rob562

Hi there
I need help!
I am not new to Disney or fast pass (some of you will be aware from previous TR's) however this year my brother and sister in law are joining us so we have never had to link reservations. How do we get ready for our fast pass selection day? Both of us booked our holidays separately so we both have separate reservation numbers etc. I am the planner so think it will be left to me to do fast pass selections etc.
Can I do anything now? How?
And if not what do I need to do and when?
I just don't want to get confused on the day.
Thank you

I am guessing @Rob562 will know the answer (as he normally does!) - thanks

I am assuming that you and your brother each have your own accounts with your respective reservations linked? If not, that's Step 1. Also make sure that you each have the box checked to allow others to see your friend list.

Then you simply have to become friends on MDE. Go into your MDE account, start the process to add your brother as a new friend. At some point you can "invite to plan and share" by filling in his email address. Make sure to use the same address he uses for his MDE account.

Then he must go in and accept the friend request.

After that, you have to friend everyone else under the other's account, but you can use the "add through mutual friend" function.

Once everyone is fully connected, anyone can make FP+ for anyone else for maximum flexibility.

-Rob

Longers

Original Poster
I am assuming that you and your brother each have your own accounts with your respective reservations linked? If not, that's Step 1. Also make sure that you each have the box checked to allow others to see your friend list.

Then you simply have to become friends on MDE. Go into your MDE account, start the process to add your brother as a new friend. At some point you can "invite to plan and share" by filling in his email address. Make sure to use the same address he uses for his MDE account.

Then he must go in and accept the friend request.

After that, you have to friend everyone else under the other's account, but you can use the "add through mutual friend" function.

Once everyone is fully connected, anyone can make FP+ for anyone else for maximum flexibility.

-Rob
Thank you do much (I knew you would know) :)
We both have our MDE accounts done but reservations not linked so I will get that bit sorted (presume we can just swap reservation numbers and link to our accounts) and then add them both etc as friends and guess he does the same his end. -

I just didn't want a last minute panic to get this done!
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated :)

Rob562

Thank you do much (I knew you would know) :)
We both have our MDE accounts done but reservations not linked so I will get that bit sorted (presume we can just swap reservation numbers and link to our accounts) and then add them both etc as friends and guess he does the same his end. -

I just didn't want a last minute panic to get this done!
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated :)

You can go in and become friends before any reservations are linked, if you want. It's not on a per-trip basis, and doesn't require reservations to do.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom