Where can I buy annual passes?

NWDMD

Original Poster
So we're doing a spur of the moment trip for the long weekend. We're also going in December and now we're thinking we should get annual passes. Since we're going this weekend, I'm not sure if I should try buying online or waiting until we get there and doing room-only reservations. Where can I get them when we get there? How long does the process take? Can you use your annual passes as keys to the kingdom cards? or will I just have to carry 2 cards, one annual pass, one room key?

Thanks!
NWDMD

lilclerk

I'd just wait till you get there and purchase the AP at any park ticket window. When you purchase them online, they send you a voucher that you have to trade in and you may not get it in time. An AP cannot be linked to your room key, so they would end up being separate. They also can't be bought with a regular package, so you'd want to book a room only reservation.
It's not a very long process, they'll just want to see your photo ID to enter all your information. Enjoy the APs, they're a great excuse to take another trip!

Eljay

NWDMD;4293766..... will I just have to carry 2 cards said:
Always carry your photo ID as well.
If you want to drink, if you lose your AP or it gets demagnitized, if a CM wants to verify your ID for charging purposes, incase of an accident.

Tom

Beta Return
So we're doing a spur of the moment trip for the long weekend. We're also going in December and now we're thinking we should get annual passes. Since we're going this weekend, I'm not sure if I should try buying online or waiting until we get there and doing room-only reservations. Where can I get them when we get there? How long does the process take? Can you use your annual passes as keys to the kingdom cards? or will I just have to carry 2 cards, one annual pass, one room key?

Thanks!
NWDMD

Book room-only now and buy APs after you check-in. Just go to any theme park ticket window. It's a painless process. You place your order, hand them a Credit Card, put your finger on the scanner to associate you with the pass, and get your passes. Done. The longest part will be the line. With this said, go to a "secondary" park like AK - don't go to the TTC.

As others said, your AP will always be a separate ticket. It will be one of the old paper tickets with the magnetic stripe on the back. You'll have to carry it and your KttW (and your Photo ID - at all times).

But first, be sure to run the math to be absolutely sure APs are your best deal.

wbc

I bought my AP at the Epcot ticket window. For some reason, the resort said they couldn't do it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I bought my AP at the Epcot ticket window. For some reason, the resort said they couldn't do it.
That's correct, resorts can't. You can only get APs at ticket windows at the parks or Guest Relations at the parks or DTD.

TRONorail10

Always carry your photo ID as well.
If you want to drink, if you lose your AP or it gets demagnitized, if a CM wants to verify your ID for charging purposes, incase of an accident.

To prevent your annual pass from getting demagnetized, keep it away from your cell phone or other electronic devices. If it does get demagnetized, immediately take it to guest relations so they can reprint you a new ticket if yours doesn't already have the barcode scanner added to it. It will make for a lot less hassle at the turnstiles when trying to enter any of the parks in the future.

fosse76

Book room-only now and buy APs after you check-in. Just go to any theme park ticket window. It's a painless process. You place your order, hand them a Credit Card, put your finger on the scanner to associate you with the pass, and get your passes. Done. The longest part will be the line. With this said, go to a "secondary" park like AK - don't go to the TTC.

If you do have a package, you can simply upgrade your ticket to an AP at guest relations. When I upgraded my ticket, I did so at guest relations at DHS. No line.

Tom

Beta Return
If you do have a package, you can simply upgrade your ticket to an AP at guest relations. When I upgraded my ticket, I did so at guest relations at DHS. No line.

That too. I'm still not sure on the logistics of being given the current AP discount (if any) if you don't technically have an AP until after check-in.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That too. I'm still not sure on the logistics of being given the current AP discount (if any) if you don't technically have an AP until after check-in.
The logistics are pretty simple. You can not book the AP discount on line without an AP but you can do it over the phone. You are typically asked to present the AP when you check in although they do forget from time to time. If they ask you simply tell the that you are getting an AP today and they will note the account and require you to show the AP them prior to checking out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom