Where at Pop Century to Request?

Skippy

Hello all!

The time has come for me to think about room requests for our trip. We will be staying at Pop Century. Over the past few years I've had a number of stays in the 70s and 80s buildings, and they weren't anything special (in terms of location).. and I guess I'd prefer to try something different this time. From some searches it seems like the best place to request would be a 50s or 60s room facing the lake.

Any advice to to the contrary? What would you recommend for a (standard) room request?

SAV

The last 2 times I have gotten 60's 3rd floor with a lake view and it was wonderful. Quiet since it overlooks the lake and AOA, close to the food, close to the Hippy Dippy pool, but you don't hear any of the noise. I generally parked over by the 90's section and it wasn't a major walk.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

It really depends on what you like to be near. Lots of folks love the buildings around the pool. Some love the ones by the easiest lots to park in etc. For us, we like the buildings that are on the lake side (that overlook the AoA resort now). It was peaceful and depending on where your room is you may even have a daily glimpse of SSE in the distance over the trees. :)

Upvote 0

fdcfjj

Depends. Do you have kids? I like staying around the pool area because I can stay in the room with the youngest one while he naps and the others I can watch when they are in the pool. I like being close to the laundry facilities as well and Classic Hall. If your back is to Classic Hall and you are facing the 60's pool, the rooms to your right start 4101-4114 (first floor). Rooms on left start 5101-5112 (first floor). These rooms are pool side. First floor is easy to roll a stroller right into..as well as yourself at the end of a long day...lol. If you want to be around the pool but not pool side, we stayed in room 4114 once. That was right at the begining of the rooms to the right, near laundry facility as well as Classic Hall. I was never bothered by any noise. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Skippy

Original Poster
Apparently my online check-in room request couldn't be processed. Strange.

Anyways I don't think they look at requests until you arrive in person, so I will just have to ask then!

Upvote 0

disfan99

I couldn't do room requests online either. Had to call Pop direct. Apparently if you don't book direct with Disney you have to call the hotel. I use AAA. Last year we stayed in 60's. Just underneath and to the right Mowgli and Baloo first floor. Perfect distance to food court and quiet. It's preferred room but they put us there without having to pay more. I love Disney!

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

When I booked my room I requested a preferred room and also mentioned the number I stayed in the last time..And when I check out my Itinerary it's mentioned on there...So hopefully I shall see If I get the same room again..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom