Whens the best time to go?

Tinker05

We always go the last week of May first week of June! Its not too hot and the summer crowds arent there yet! NC schools get out the 25th of May! We are one of the first so we beat all the big vacationers! There is no big lines and makes the trip very enjoyable! Best Time!

the_rich

middle of august. all the southeasterns are back in school; so there are hardly any waits. i went in august of 03 and i;m going again august of 05.

DisneyRoxMySox

the_rich said:
middle of august. all the southeasterns are back in school; so there are hardly any waits. i went in august of 03 and i;m going again august of 05.

Mid August is the best. I usually go during that time. Crowds are small, which means good wait times. Weather is good, except for this past August..and it's during the Value Season so the room rate is cheaper!!

stuart

Although you might here different i just thought id say that July which is when we usually go isnt that bad. We quite often go over 4th July and its really something to be there then. You can still get quite a lot done then....especially with the Fast Pass and Extra Magic Hour. The thing is make sure you stay at a WDW hotel so you can get the extra magic hour and with that and the fast pass the lines really arent too much of a problem, though it goes wi out sayin that in the afternoon the lines are gonna be longer.

Diane Hughess

The least crowded for us is always the 3rd/4th wk of Sept. No waits, even Fastpass isn't always operating..we did get pushed out early this year thanks to Hurricane Jeanne!! The other great time to go was the week after Thanksgiving--the decorations & festivities were awesome, the only bummer was that we couldn't go to the waterparks (too chilly!)

stingrock23

Last year I went the first week of December, and it was great. It wasn't crowded at all, I was able to ride whatever I wanted to whenever I wanted. Plus all the Christmas decorations are up, so the parks look really great. You get the best of both worlds.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
It depends

Depending on your preference for how cold/hot it may be. We have gone throughout the year, and found Dec/Jan to be the best time of year to go. For obvious reasons Dec. is a great choice, but here's another couple of reasons.

First, the weather is perfect. Great temps during the day, and just enough chill in the air at night for good snuggling back at the resort.

Secondly, the parks aren't crowded at all, unless it's during Christmas Week/New Years. Other than that, rides are walk on, shops aren't crowded, counter service goes quickly, and wait times for Resort Trans. isn't bad either.

tigsmom

Well, we've been in January, February, March, July, August & September.

I like to go in the winter to get away from the cold in the Northeast, but laetely we have been going in the summer. The second & third weeks of August seem the best. Its still hot and you can get some afternoon thunderstorms, but the crowds have begun to thin out and its great to relax before the rush to get ready for school. :wave:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
First week of December, no doubt about that one -- no crowds, great weather, and the Christmas festivities such as the Candlelight Processional, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights are running.

And I can't forget to mention the fact about Splash Mountain having no line whatsoever... :D :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom