Pre-Trip When your husband says “I think I’m ready to go back”, who am I to say no? - April 2020 then June/July 2020 now WHO KNOWS 😩 Thanks Corona 😒

Hi everyone! Let’s be honest, I’m probably more shocked than you are that I’m back here so soon! 😂 But as the title says, who am I to tell him no? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Who: The cast is currently the same as the last trip....

07B574BF-5024-4356-BF48-E5CB483F7564.jpeg

Myself, my husband George, and our daughter Ryleigh....Except that adorable little peanut has grown just a bit....

8249E142-4E37-4F9C-9694-C6CEE3DC890D.jpeg

We did a Toy Story theme this year too @akneeconnors
We were “that family”....Ryleigh had an entourage...my sister and her husband were the green aliens, my mom was Rex, and my in-laws were supposed to be Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head but sickness left us potato-less for Trick or Treat.

When: Wednesday, April 22nd through Saturday, April 25th
We have always wanted to see the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. We originally thought about the weekend before but it’s the Star Wars Marathon thing and I had no idea how crowds would be considering Star Wars Land is now open. So the following weekend it is! We decided to do Wed-Sat over Thurs-Sun because it’s cheaper to fly home Saturday as opposed to Sunday. Ryleigh is an “adult” according to Southwest so we have to buy 3 seats 😒 God bless those of you who fly with more than one child!

Where: All Star Movies, preferred room
I know the values tend to get snubbed but I stayed at them a lot as a kid so I have fond memories of them. My husband and I both really like Pop. However, if you can tell by her Halloween costume, we have a Toy Story lover...especially all things Buzz Lightyear! ASMo has a Toy Story section so it was kind of a no brainer on that one! I can’t wait to see her face when she sees the giant Buzz and Woody...hoping she is a little less indifferent than the last trip! 😂

RyPat

Well guys.....
View attachment 457704

My husband and I have been going back and forth on what to do for a few days. The unknown of everything was seriously taking away from the trip excitement we would normally be feeling at this point. Then there’s the rumors that if it opens soon, there could be limits to numbers of people in lines and restaurants plus possibly no fireworks and parades. Then they canceled the Star Wars run the weekend before our trip. After seeing how inexpensive flights are, we decided it was time. I emailed our travel agent and officially moved our trip 😔

Our new dates are June 30th through July 4th. (No meeting up in April now @Darstarr 😩unless you find yourself in Pittsburgh for some reason!) There have been strict instructions given to family members when we celebrate Ryleigh’s birthday on June 29th that no one is to mention the number 3! 😂 I’ve been researching for my little fib and most people said they’ve never had a CM question. One or two people said CMs will sometimes ask the child in a casual convo how old they are. Hence, the no #3 rule! I can only imagine how guilty my rule-following self will look every time we enter the park! 🤦🏻‍♀️

So that’s where we are! A summer trip that I said I would never do again after visiting in the fall/winter months. I am the weirdo in the minority....I prefer colder weather 🤷🏻‍♀️ So feel free to share your cooling off tips. We’ve already got two stroller fans from our last trip. I’ve been researching the Frogg Toggs. And I remember from summer trips as a kid, midday breaks for rest and pool time at the hotel.

We just changed our late April/early May trip to early August :)confused:)... trading some of the best weather we've ever had in Disney to the hottest we've ever had in Disney. But since we used DVC points we didn't want to wait much longer and end up with no availability if they finally closed thru April...

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Been avoiding these forums this week because I should be in the MK as I type this and I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty sad. Didn’t help that last week Ryleigh saw a picture of us in front of the castle and sighed and said “I wanna go see the castle” I’m trying kid!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 But I just saw this on Facebook and had to share it with all of my fellow magicians who are missing their trips too!
27E8889F-EFB5-4B3A-92F8-99070AAE51F1.png

I’m going back into hiding now and mourning the loss of my trip. (And debating the cancellation of trip 2.0 😩) Hope you all are staying sane and healthy during this craziness! ❤️

k8einwdw

Hi everyone! Been avoiding these forums this week because I should be in the MK as I type this and I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty sad. Didn’t help that last week Ryleigh saw a picture of us in front of the castle and sighed and said “I wanna go see the castle” I’m trying kid!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 But I just saw this on Facebook and had to share it with all of my fellow magicians who are missing their trips too!
View attachment 465621

I’m going back into hiding now and mourning the loss of my trip. (And debating the cancellation of trip 2.0 😩) Hope you all are staying sane and healthy during this craziness! ❤
I feel you, we were supposed to be leaving today. 😭

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Well, here is the post no one wants to write....we’ve decided to cancel 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

There is still the uncertainty if the parks will even be open. If they are open, to what extent will the even be “open”. Even if half of the rumors about the opening are true, it would totally alter our trip and almost every experience we would be going for could potentially not happen. My biggest fear would be getting to our park of the day and have it be closed at capacity....then what 🤷🏻‍♀️ The idea of wearing a mask especially in the heat is a hard pass from me. PA requires you wear one when entering any business and I sweat while grocery shopping. I can’t imagine Florida July heat. Plus, I feel seeing the cast members wearing them wouldn’t look like the magical place we know and that’s not a memory of Disney I want. Southwest is also extending the canceled flight credits until 2022 so we wouldn’t be losing the money we already spent. Our main factor was if they opened the parks now, would we be comfortable with putting Ryleigh on a plane and in the parks with the risk still out there? Both of our answers were no.

So here we are. We figure we can take things as they come. If by the end of the year things are calmer, maybe we’ll plan a last minute trip. If not, hopefully our 2021 trip for the 50th will still happen and we’ll just add a day or two extra. It’s sad but it’s not the only thing that’s been canceled....starting to get used to it 🤦🏻‍♀️ (Anniversary trip has been canceled too. We can celebrate 11 years next year 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Hope everyone is healthy and not letting the quarantine get to them! (I tried to dye the ends of my hair pink last week out of boredom 😂 Spoiler alert: pink dye doesn’t show up in brown hair) On the plus side, we’ve been checking off our list of house improvements we’ve been wanting to do. We finally turned our family room into a Disney theme. My ear wall is my favorite!

681D0EA2-B562-43F3-8C1B-86E6A92F3222.jpeg

TheMouseFan

Well, here is the post no one wants to write....we’ve decided to cancel 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

There is still the uncertainty if the parks will even be open. If they are open, to what extent will the even be “open”. Even if half of the rumors about the opening are true, it would totally alter our trip and almost every experience we would be going for could potentially not happen. My biggest fear would be getting to our park of the day and have it be closed at capacity....then what 🤷🏻‍♀️ The idea of wearing a mask especially in the heat is a hard pass from me. PA requires you wear one when entering any business and I sweat while grocery shopping. I can’t imagine Florida July heat. Plus, I feel seeing the cast members wearing them wouldn’t look like the magical place we know and that’s not a memory of Disney I want. Southwest is also extending the canceled flight credits until 2022 so we wouldn’t be losing the money we already spent. Our main factor was if they opened the parks now, would we be comfortable with putting Ryleigh on a plane and in the parks with the risk still out there? Both of our answers were no.

So here we are. We figure we can take things as they come. If by the end of the year things are calmer, maybe we’ll plan a last minute trip. If not, hopefully our 2021 trip for the 50th will still happen and we’ll just add a day or two extra. It’s sad but it’s not the only thing that’s been canceled....starting to get used to it 🤦🏻‍♀️ (Anniversary trip has been canceled too. We can celebrate 11 years next year 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Hope everyone is healthy and not letting the quarantine get to them! (I tried to dye the ends of my hair pink last week out of boredom 😂 Spoiler alert: pink dye doesn’t show up in brown hair) On the plus side, we’ve been checking off our list of house improvements we’ve been wanting to do. We finally turned our family room into a Disney theme. My ear wall is my favorite!

View attachment 468879
I spy the canvas that looks like my puzzle!! Love it!

Spash007

Ugh yeah, your reasons for cancelling were exactly why we didn't rebook for the fall. Every day when we were supposed to be there I'd look at the clock and think "oh, our FP for Splash was now" etc. Which honestly wasn't that bad, because I tried to take a card from @Tuvalu's book, and just pretend I was there. The one good thing was when I woke up oddly late one morning at like 7:30, and thought how we would have had to been on the bus already for EMM!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom