When will the next non-IP based ride open?

When will it happen?

• Total voters

po1998

Original Poster
Opened recently...Pandora

Under construction...Mickey, TSL & SWL

Planned...Rat, Tron, GoTG & UK attraction(Poppins?)

Not sure if I missed any.

So the question is, when will we see a new non-IP based attraction?

erasure fan1

I put 10+ but my real answer would be never. I just don't see modern Disney ever taking that kind of risk again. The company is too synergy based now. A ride must tie into a movie, tv, toys... The funny part is, some of Disneys most celebrated attractions are all original concepts. Space & thunder mountain, haunted mansion, pirates, everest spaceship earth... The funny part is its been proven that a great non ip ride (1) is popular no matter what it is, and (2) can spawn all the other stuff they want.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Would Mickey's Runaway Train count? It's original Disney.

Otherwise, anything "themed" is IP.

nitstalker

need to add 'Never' as a poll choice... Sadly with all of the movie IPs they are creating or buying we'll never see something like Soarin, Expedition Everest, Spaceship Earth, Small World, etc ever created again... WDI seems to be run by Disney's marketing department - "hey we can make the ride about this IP or that IP and sell more shirts and DVDs".

nitstalker

Does the Space Themed restaurant count?

Its not built yet... What's the over/under that by the time it is actually built and opened that changes too...

I started to list all of the space-related IPs owned by Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Lucasfilm and Fox but realized that I would be here all night making that list... And they do have that list - too tempting to pull one from the list and use for their marketing superpower...

No Name

Walt Disney World has existed for less than 47 years. The last non-IP-based attraction at WDW opened less than 12 years ago. Only under Bob Iger has this view existed that the only original product should come from movies. So to say that there will "never" be another original attraction built at WDW, assuming it stays open, is kind of ridiculous. I can't see it happening soon but it will certainly happen eventually.

lazyboy97o

Actually just a year ago if you count Soarin's film update, I'm actually suprised they built Soarin in the Asia parks too, and the rapids ride in Shanghai is non-ip too.
Soarin’s new film was paid for by Shanghai Disneyland. It, along with Mission: SPACE, were also already in the parks and are therefore “Disney.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom