When the heck are they going to fix Ariel???

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
So I've been watching some travel vlogs, and the most recent ones that focus on WDW show that, on the Little Mermaid ride, Arial is horrifying. In the "Part of Your World" scene, her eyes are wide open and her mouth barely moves to the words she's singing. She looks like a muppet who's had a stroke. Apparently, this malfunction has been going on for days, if not weeks. It's glaringly obvious that the AA is broken, yet the ride is still being operated. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUNK.

Weather_Lady

So I've been watching some travel vlogs, and the most recent ones that focus on WDW show that, on the Little Mermaid ride, Arial is horrifying. In the "Part of Your World" scene, her eyes are wide open and her mouth barely moves to the words she's singing. She looks like a muppet who's had a stroke. Apparently, this malfunction has been going on for days, if not weeks. It's glaringly obvious that the AA is broken, yet the ride is still being operated. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUNK.
Coming soon: "Genie's Wish": Pay an additional $25/ride, per person, to upgrade your experience to feature things that work.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve always assumed Disney had their own machine shop and a massive parts warehouse to maintain everything but I’m starting to think they may just order parts as they need them. Saves the expense of pre-buying parts but also leaves you at the mercy of vendors when you need a part, it’s a horribly inneficient way to run a massive business.

I can’t think of any other time they’ve ran this many rides in noticeable need of maintenance.

Had they planned ahead rather than penny pinching the supply chain issues wouldn’t have caught them with their pants down.

JoeCamel

Guess they’re preparing for the upcoming remake retheme/overhaul..
I mean, why else would they be letting maintenance falter on a fairly popular attraction?
Maybe this time around they will install some compelling content and do something better than blank walls and black ceilings?
For a queue that nice the ride is pretty bland

EricsBiscuit

I’ve always assumed Disney had their own machine shop and a massive parts warehouse to maintain everything but I’m starting to think they may just order parts as they need them. Saves the expense of pre-buying parts but also leaves you at the mercy of vendors when you need a part, it’s a horribly inneficient way to run a massive business.

I can’t think of any other time they’ve ran this many rides in noticeable need of maintenance.

Had they planned ahead rather than penny pinching the supply chain issues wouldn’t have caught them with their pants down.
Disney does have a massive machine shop. I assume it’s just because the resort is so massive it takes a while to get things done. Dinosaur was in terrible shape and now it’s working. I’m sure it’s on their radar it just won’t get done overnight unfortunately.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Maybe this time around they will install some compelling content and do something better than blank walls and black ceilings?
For a queue that nice the ride is pretty bland
If you feel this way about Ariel which may i add is a cute and perfect fit for where it is… may i get your thoughts on the Frozen ride in Epcot?

JoeCamel

If you feel this way about Ariel which may i add is a cute and perfect fit for where it is… may i get your thoughts on the Frozen ride in Epcot?
Frozen in Norway is an abomination

Both suffer from a lack of execution on the idea, they phoned it in with a cheap implementation of what could have been a new classic ride but they were cheap to start and don't age well.

ChrisM

Disney does have a massive machine shop. I assume it’s just because the resort is so massive it takes a while to get things done. Dinosaur was in terrible shape and now it’s working. I’m sure it’s on their radar it just won’t get done overnight unfortunately.

Might need to post this in the shop as a little incentive...

cylindricalgrindingmachinetourlaunches2-web.jpg

tlking88

Looked fine to me today.
I was there Thursday and Sunday. Thursday her eyes moved, but her mouth was just there, but then again we had to slow multiple times and stopped at least twice so it was hard not to just look at things in front of you. If you are talking non-working Splash mountain has been terrible since last December with broken parts, but why fix it when they are redoing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom