When does AK become an all day park?

DisDan

So, my family is planning a trip to WDW in June and we plan on making AK one of the parks we visit. But looking at the park schedules note they still show park hours for AK from 9-5. I was hoping to make dinner reservations for Tusker House and enjoy the night time offerings at that time. Any idea when they will officially extend park hours and open reservations for later times?

Voxel

President of Progress City
So, my family is planning a trip to WDW in June and we plan on making AK one of the parks we visit. But looking at the park schedules note they still show park hours for AK from 9-5. I was hoping to make dinner reservations for Tusker House and enjoy the night time offerings at that time. Any idea when they will officially extend park hours and open reservations for later times?
The schedule will not most likely change to reflect late hours until they announce the opening date of River of Lights

Upvote 0

Brad Bishop

If you can hang around in AK after sunset it's quite the site. It, of course, depends on the night, the hours, and the season but it's an incredibly nice, peaceful park to be in at night.

The stuff that they're adding it should make it a nighttime park. I don't know when that'll be done and, as it is now, it's a wall-maze in there so the best you can do is to look at the hours which it's open and try to get there, if it works, in the early-mid afternoon. You'll still be missing out until they remove all of the walls.

The good news is that they're trying to fix it. The bad news is that it kind of sucks right now (for something that is, otherwise, quite a beautiful park).

Upvote 0

dizda

It will be a very different park when Rivers of Light and the new night safari are both running. By your trip, I would expect DAK to have extended hours.

Upvote 0

wdwgreek

#1 I love your profile picture, #2 I find that a lot of times the online park hours tend to fluctuate a bit as the date gets closer.

Upvote 0

MonorailLover

I still think that I won't be making animal kingdom a full day park until avatar opens. Even with RoL, i still probably won't go and see it until I can get a full day out of the park, and get a full day out of my $97 ticket....

Upvote 0

MonorailLover

if you're buying a one day park ticket... you're doing it wrong
I'm not actually purchasing a one day ticket, I'm just saying that Disney is more or less valuing Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios at the same price of Epcot, and a mere $5 less than Magic Kingdom. I think this price difference should be larger, and specific to each park, but that's for another discussion.

BTW, I have a premier passport.... So don't worry about me purchasing one day tickets :p:p:p

Upvote 0

MonorailLover

Well, if you are a member of these boards and purposely avoid the park with actual new entertainment and a nighttime safari in 2016, you're doing a lot wrong. Surely DHS's or Epcot's stale offerings are more worthy of $97.
I do not necessarily purposely avoid animal kingdom, especially with my annual pass, but all I mean is that until Avatar opens, I won't be going for a full day. i actually quite like the park, and he direction it's somewhat overhaul is going, but I have only been able to justify getting fastpasses online, and going to the park around 10-11, and leaving around 5.

Not to mention the part that I just arrived in Florida, which I'm living in until April, which means I have the opportunity to experience the night time things that are new to each park that I wasn't able to experience before while on a regular vacation.

Upvote 0

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
AK has always BEEN an all day park if you enjoy animals and learning about them, The only 'ride' I care about at AK is KS.

Agreed... all depends on what your going for... we had no trouble filling up a full day wandering around the park and enjoying the animals. Unfortunately, so many people seem to go to Animal Kingdom with a "just ride the rides" mentality. While most of the walkways through the park and the lines to the rides were packed, we found Pangani and Maharajah to be quite empty and peaceful and yet some of our most memorable moments from the time at AK have been on those trails...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom