When do YOU book your flights?

Ciara

Original Poster
Just curious really :geek: hoping to get a better deal on our flights this year than last year.

SyracuseDisneyFan

About 6 to 8 months out. For our upcoming trip, my Mom booked ours on November 4. It depends on the airline you use and how far out the airline books their flights.

SAV

We usually do the 6 to 8 month window as well. We did luck into a tremendous deal just 2 weeks away last year for a flight to Orlando.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
For this past trip, I was looking about 10 months in advance. Prices were pretty steep at the time. I booked our hotel 8 months in advance then decided to book flights as well. I got extremely lucky and they were about 40% cheaper than they were a month of so earlier. I booked Newark to Orlando for about $170 a ticket. It's usually anywhere between $300-400. My best advice to is constantly check flights everyday especially if you are booking way in advance.

JFP

https://www.google.com/flights/
I always book through Google Flights. Started looking back in September for our trip in March. Tracked the flights and we (wife and son) were able to fly from Raleigh, NC to Orlando, round trip, for less that $450.00 total.....Unbelievable deal. Check it out. You plug in your dates and it searches across all airline sites.

Weather_Lady

It all depends on your preferred airline(s)! We're generally on Southwest or JetBlue. Southwest doesn't fluctuate much, but with JetBlue, they sell the cheapest fares first and the price only continues to go up, so it's always to our advantage to book immediately when the schedule is extended.

Google around a bit and see what people say about your particular airline...

Patcheslee

Following. We are 4 months out and initially chose to drive because of the 1800+ we saw for 3 of us at res booking. Add in the rental car because we're starting in St. Augustine for a couple days before. It gets expensive quick. None of us have flown but Ive been hoping to find reasonable prices and have more time.

goldenears

When I was researching when to visit WDW, I stumbled on an airfare deal from southwest last August for late February travel time so that locked in our trip dates. So for my family of four to fly round trip from Columbus, Ohio only cost $551. Normally, that would be roughly $1200. That afforded us the ability to book two rooms instead of one. I haven't seen that special come out again since then.

carriebeth

We book Southwest pretty much as soon as they open flights for our travel time. The price doesn't really change ever and we always have specific travel times we want..early as possible on arrival day, late as possible when leaving. Would not want to chance them selling out or anything. With 8 kids we need a lot of seats so that motivates us to jump on it sooner than later too. Its not like we can wait and assume 1 or 2 seats will be open at a later date

Zipadeelady

Ugh. I thought the "rule" was that about 3 months out was when you could find the cheapest rates. We're 6 months out and haven't booked our flights yet. right now the cheapest I can find is $260 a ticket from Michigan to Orlando.

Jahona

It seems the usual tropes for Airfare in the past has changed a bit. I've been looking for the beginning of October since last year. American has increased their prices fairly regularly, although some times are oddly priced. Southwest on the other hand just released their prices for October a week or so ago and the day they came out the "wanna get away" category was already sold out just about.

Zipadeelady

You all made me panic and I just bought airline tickets for our trip that is 6 months out. :oops: I have been watching for quite awhile and noticed nothing getting any cheaper. I even noticed that flights that were only 3 months out were more expensive then the ones I just purchased. So I guess I'm saying Thanks for the Information. :D

drwadadli

We typical book about 4 - 6 months out. If you use the app "hopper", they will notify you if there is a change in flight prices. When I get the notification of a change in price from them, then I go to the airline website and book the flight there instead of through hopper

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom