Wheat allergy - where can we eat?

Philth

Hi guys - really enjoying this site! Everyone seems so helpful!

Enough of the sweet-talking, we're visiting Orlando this Christmas and are worried about finding suitable restaurants. My wife is allergic to wheat and my son is vegetarian (I'm fine, eat anything!) - anyone have any suggestions on good places to eat?

Thanks.

Philth

Original Poster
Thats fantastic - thanks!! Some excellent info there about Disney - they really seem to have it sorted.

ANy ideas on outside of Disney - we've got 2.5 weeks over there to fill!

Many thanks again.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Not sure about outside of WDW, but the chefs there are wonderful. If you plan on making any PS let them know about your wife's allergy...they are more than willing to help out & modify dishes where necesary. :wave:

Upvote 0

barnum42

Philth said:
Thats fantastic - thanks!! Some excellent info there about Disney - they really seem to have it sorted.
It's a great site, give it a thorough perusal you will pick up lots of tips and info there.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

More specifically:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/guestceliac.htm
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it lists all of the important phone numbers for chefs in Disney, so you can call ahead to find stuff out, request special meals, etc.
Also, on the left hand side of the page, there are a few links for vegetarian dining, and other special diets.
Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Philth

Original Poster
Thanks Sew,

I found that page and forwarded it to my wife - she's so happy, its taken a big weight off her mind. Now we just have to find out about outside of Disney.

Can you believe that Dennys use wheat to cook their steaks???? This has usually been a safe option!

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

My mom is a celiac so we dealt with the wheat problem on our trip. This trip was very sucessful, I don't think my mom got sick once.

At every quick service restaurant, they have a book with all of the ingredients in it. Everyone (with the exception of one CM at DAK) was very willing to check for my mom and make any arrangements we needed (like not putting the hot dog in the bun).

Also, at (Oh dear...just blanked on the name) the quick service resturant by American Adventure, has gluton/wheat free pizzas that are wonderful. You must ask for them though. My mom loved it! She was so hungry for pizza and it was great for her and our family.

If you're making PS, tell the CM who makes the PS for you and then once again when you check in for the PS. At the Garden Grill, the chef made my mom her own skillet of food. It was great!

Off property, there are many buffets that you can go to so both your wife and your son will be able to find something to eat.

Plus, most fast food places at Disney have veggie burgers. They are very good...I ate a few on vacation since I don't eat ground beef.

Have a wonderful trip, and if I can be of any help, feel free to PM me!

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom