What’s up with the Test Track Tent?

Cmdr_Crimson

Why on earth is there a tent in front of test track? Does anyone know? Will it be going away soon? And why is it so ugly?
Are you referring to the entrance canopy??
Test-Track_Full_17392.jpg;width=1200;height=630;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

Or is this just little white tents they use for events?

muddyrivers

It’s probably no uglier than the tuna can it’s blocking the view of.

While the industrial look worked especially well with the original Test Track, the whole thing still makes for a good entry way and shade structure. Who knows what’ll happen for version 3 but I hope it stays.

You realize the original attraction (World of Motion) was the same tuna can building right?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That’s my point! Is there any real reason it’s there? The Transportation pavilion is such a nice building!
View attachment 742993
World of Motion was an omnimover and could accommodate more guests inside the building than Test Track can. There was a very short queue inside before guests boarded (similar to Spaceship Earth). Guests did not have to stand outside in the hot sun or rain for any extended length of time (which happens at Test Track.)

Thus the real reason for Test Track’s canopy is what has already been mentioned - shade/protection from the elements.

Earlie the Pearlie

Original Poster
World of Motion was an omnimover and could accommodate more guests inside the building than Test Track can. There was a very short queue inside before guests boarded (similar to Spaceship Earth). Guests did not have to stand outside in the hot sun or rain for any extended length of time (which happens at Test Track.)

Thus the real reason for Test Track’s canopy is what has already been mentioned - shade/protection from the elements.
That’s what I was wondering. Thanks!

No Name

You realize the original attraction (World of Motion) was the same tuna can building right?
Yes, I do.

That’s my point! Is there any real reason it’s there? The Transportation pavilion is such a nice building!
View attachment 742993
That’s no doubt that was a nice building for a peaceful omnimover in the 80s. The current one has no indented entryway, much more grown-in landscaping, and most of all, a track with zooming cars that wraps around it! The canopy made sense for the original Test Track for multiple reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom