Whats this at Animal Kingdom

peter11435

Exblink182 said:
I was looking on Windows Live and found this area on the map. Was wondering if anyone knew what it may be for. It seems to be next to Rafiki's planet watch and above asia area.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.42088~-81.579837&style=o&lvl=1&scene=3928862
Your link brings you to MK. I would love to help you, but you'll need to correct the link.

Once you are looking at what you want to have us see click where it says Permalink. THe link it will give you then is the one you need to post.

goofyfan13

Exblink182 said:
yea the area of land thats all cleared I was wondering if someone knew what that land is for.

Currently nothing that we know of officially. Right now its sitting in wait for another attraction. I'm hoping for Bald Mountain.

peter11435

Exblink182 said:
yea the area of land thats all cleared I was wondering if someone knew what that land is for.
That land was cleared way back when the land was cleared for the entire park. It was part of the initial construction.

From what I have heard it was going to be used for what was essentially an Asian Safari. In the early stages of planning the park Tiger River Run was going to be a large raft ride where guests would have encountered real animals including tigers along the way. Eventually they decided this idea was not going to work well and the concept was scaled down and eventually became Kali River Rapids and the Tigers were put into the Maharajah Jungle Trek instead.

For now there is nothing going on there.

goofyfan13

peter11435 said:
That land was cleared way back when the land was cleared for the entire park. It was part of the initial construction.

From what I have heard it was going to be used for what was essentially an Asian Safari. In the early stages of planning the park Tiger River Run was going to be a large raft ride where guests would have encountered real animals including tigers along the way. Eventually they decided this idea was not going to work well and the concept was scaled down and eventually became Kali River Rapids and the Tigers were put into the Maharajah Jungle Trek instead.

Ah, that clearing of land, I thought we were still on the 20K site. :lol:

S.E.A.

peter11435 said:

you wouldn't happen to know any details about why they couldn't make it work do you?

peter11435

The story I heard was that they couldn't come up with a safe way to have a boat full of guests float pass the tigers and still give them a good view. I don't know if that is true or not.

I can tell you that in the pre-opening concept painting of AK you can clearly see the waterway and asian safari in that location.

man again with this i posted an article about this like a moht ago if you want click on my profile and than click threads and open ideas for a beter mgm studios animal kingdom and epcot .there you will see a link that leads you to a over view map of animal kingdom note that where the map says land lnext to everest will it be used ?that actualy is the evrest area .Right now is empty land and derea also empty land under capm minnie mickey check it out

Rob562

peter11435 said:
The story I heard was that they couldn't come up with a safe way to have a boat full of guests float pass the tigers and still give them a good view. I don't know if that is true or not.

That's the most likely scenario. There was no way that could be thought of to lay out the land around the ride flume so that guests would be guaranteed of seeing tigers while on the raft ride.

And as for that open land, it could easily be used as either an expansion on Asia or an entirely new land, creating a walking route from the main park back to Conservation Station. The main path through Asia could be extended between the Jungle Trek and the Kali platform and raft storage area. It would only require some minor re-working of the Trek's path and relocating one backstage animal shed (looks like the deer/antelope/whatever-they-are you see from the bridge opposite the tigers).
The only other possible access would be a path branching off somewhere between Africa and the Flights of Wonder theater, heading north into that land. But that would require crossing the train tracks twice as well as a major backstage access road. Still, it's a lot of land to play with. :)

-Rob

goofyfan13

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
man again with this i posted an article about this like a moht ago if you want click on my profile and than click threads and open ideas for a beter mgm studios animal kingdom and epcot .there you will see a link that leads you to a over view map of animal kingdom note that where the map says land lnext to everest will it be used ?that actualy is the evrest area .Right now is empty land and derea also empty land under capm minnie mickey check it out

Ease off on the coffee...:lol: :wave:

col

it looks to me like AK what with the kali river rapids and is the mountain suppose to be everest :lookaroun. also what are the train tracks sre they for rafikis planet watch and whats with the enclosure is that for the bats in asia and the long brick wall is that for the tiger?

peter11435

col said:
it looks to me like AK what with the kali river rapids and is the mountain suppose to be everest :lookaroun. also what are the train tracks sre they for rafikis planet watch and whats with the enclosure is that for the bats in asia and the long brick wall is that for the tiger?
The answer is Yes to everything you asked.

MinnieSummer

Is it possible that the clearing is where the new restaurant I keep hearing about is going to be? It's supposed to be a table service restaurant close to asia and EE (at least that's the rumor I heard).

col

peter11435 said:
The answer is Yes to everything you asked.

cool!! thanks for confirming it. i think its a great photo i like the way everything look from a different view. i knew you would have the answer :king: .

does anyone know where there would be a pic of the safaris like that? i think that would be interesting to look at!

ive also just been looking at the MK photo and thats interesting.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom