What's the last movie you watched?

Phroobar

Original Poster
What is the last movie you watched? This can be from anywhere, streaming, theater, dvd whatever.

I'll start by totally recommending Dune Part 2. I had a great time. This movie really is a work of art and pays respect to the movie. It is well acted and the CG really blends with everything. I hear the movie cost $190m and you can see every penny on the screen. I hope Dune Messiah get green lit.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Kiss of the vampire - Hammer movie where a couple break down in the rain and want to call for gas at a nearby castle. They are invited to a party and don't do the Time Warp again. The wife gets bite and the drunk husband is told he arrived alone. He finds a vampire hunter in town that believes that the man's wife was abducted by the vampires. The hunter casts a spell to have all the vampires killed by a swarm of vampire bats as the wife is rescued. Not a terrible movie but some of the dental work is really scary even for England. It was entertaining.

mf1972

recently watched noah on showtime. it was so so when i 1st watched it. its ok the 2nd time around. still could’ve been better

mf1972

we were just chilling today & watched both wonka & oppenheimer. enjoyed oppenheimer immensely. i can’t say the same thing about wonka, but hugh grant was the exception.

AdventureHasAName

I watched Confess Fletch on cable on-demand (I think it's because I get Paramount+ for free) over the weekend. It's a good little movie that Hollywood just doesn't make anymore. No big stars (Jon Hamm is really the only name in an ensemble cast), murder mystery, dialogue heavy, lowkey comedy, no action scenes. It's in the category of Knives Out and Glass Onion, but with less big names.

Would I pay $12 to watch it in a theater? Nope. But for free on cable, it was worth two hours of my time.

mf1972

watched ghostbusters frozen empire last night. wasn’t bad, but i liked afterlife better. also watched wish over the weekend as well, & that was straight up terrible.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Suzume - Japanese anime about a girl that helps a guy close doors that are letting loose disasters all over Japan. It is pretty much a road trip where she is chasing a cat spirit and the guy gets changed into a three leg chair. Hey it's anime what do you expect? Very well animated with a nice complex story.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Flash Gordon - The 80s movie with Timothy Dalton. Great music, really colorful, terrible acting from everyone. Disneyland had that exact hollow tree stump in the Tarzans treehouse. My kids and I would reenact the whole manhood ceremony of sticking our hands in the holes and hoping we won't be stung. The guy that plays Flash is more wooden than Groot.

mf1972

Flash Gordon - The 80s movie with Timothy Dalton. Great music, really colorful, terrible acting from everyone. Disneyland had that exact hollow tree stump in the Tarzans treehouse. My kids and I would reenact the whole manhood ceremony of sticking our hands in the holes and hoping we won't be stung. The guy that plays Flash is more wooden than Groot.
he might’ve been the last decent qb the NYJ had 😜

Phroobar

Original Poster
I hear Civil War was awful. More of a natural disaster movie than a war movie. You know there is something very wrong with the country when California and Texas have to team up to stop it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom