What's that smell?!?!?!

ABQ

Speaking of smells, on two separate occasions that I was in Mouse Gear it smelled like a sewer system. Is it next to the restrooms?
The rest room which faces TT is on the east side of the same building housing Mouse Gear. So it is possible the septic line was stinking up the joint.

MOXOMUMD

Speaking of smells, on two separate occasions that I was in Mouse Gear it smelled like a sewer system. Is it next to the restrooms?
I've noticed it there before too. I just figured it was a busy holiday weekend so the bathrooms were getting a real workout.

JohnD

The rest room which faces TT is on the east side of the same building housing Mouse Gear. So it is possible the septic line was stinking up the joint.

Yeah. I figured it was either that or lots of parents bring their babies into the gift shop. Well, babies being babies. . . .

polynesiangirl

There are occasional waves of bad smells on property that we smell, I assume from the sewer system or dumpsters or something. We have always referred to it as Swamp Gas, haha.

WDW Monorail

The reclaimed water is mostly from the reedy creek treatment plant. It shouldnt normally smell but sometimes the process is affected by some non-normal factor and the quality effluent water properties are changed.

Cesar R M

speaking of the smell, we only did ride the monorail once, and the one we were in.. reeked of the acid of pee and a little of sewage water :/
not exactly a fun ride... but we had to , to get to the poly for the aloha dinner show.

Also, I got a uncle who works in water treatment tech and uses the chemicals sold by BOSS.
Most chemicals used to treat water do not have an odor neutralizer, premium chemicals (based in copper) do.
so not sure what kind of techniques they use in WDW to reclaim the sewage water, clean it and transform into rehusable water for gardens and rivers...

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Well it smelled stagnant. That is not something any guest should have to smell when hey are paying the prices Disney charges for a vacation. They really should look into this stink.

Rambler

Stayed at Pop 10-16 to 6-23. Near the stair wells we noticed heavy funky odors in a couple of places that could be explained as mulch. What really got us was one morning at the bus waiting area there was a really bad raw sewer smell that lasted the whole 20 minute of wait. A little windy coming from the west, could have come from another area other than the resort.That same day on return late afternoon there was a strong decaying garbage sort of land fill smell, completely different, as we got off the bus. Was only that one day during this visit and never before on several other stays at Pop.

PhilharMagician

Stayed at Pop 10-16 to 6-23. Near the stair wells we noticed heavy funky odors in a couple of places that could be explained as mulch. What really got us was one morning at the bus waiting area there was a really bad raw sewer smell that lasted the whole 20 minute of wait. A little windy coming from the west, could have come from another area other than the resort.That same day on return late afternoon there was a strong decaying garbage sort of land fill smell, completely different, as we got off the bus. Was only that one day during this visit and never before on several other stays at Pop.

Wow, you had a long stayo_O :D

Nubs70

If the water is coming back from Reedy Creek WWTP, the treatment plant/ storage tank may have gone funky (as WWTP systems can during seasonal changes).

Cesar R M

are you sure you weren't the one smelling stagnant? thats a loong stay which I am envious of ;)

Rambler

Hi, looked back on my comments and see I said visit was 10-16 to 6-23. Wow, u r right, what a long visit, LOL. Was 10-16 to 10-23. I do shower every day so do not think it was me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom