What's MNSSHP like if you don't go trick or treating?

durangojim

Original Poster
My family and I used to go almost every year until about 5 years ago, for the price for 4 of us we found it just wasn't worth it anymore but my wife and I are thinking about going to a party in September. We wouldn't be trick or treating so I was wondering what it's like without doing that. Are the ride lines long? What restaurants are still open? It's been so long I don't know what to expect. Thanks!

AndyS2992

Why not go trick or treating? You’ve already paid for the candy in the ticket price, might aswell make the most of it. In September I can’t imagine lines being very long so great time to go. You also get an exclusive stage show, parade, fireworks, and opportunities to meet with characters dressed up in Halloween costumes oh and you get to dress up to so just make the most of it.

Restaurants open are:
Be Our Guest
Cinderella’s Royal table
Crystal Palace
Cosmic Ray’s
Pecos Bill’s
Columbia Harbour House
And lots of other quick service stands.

Also keep in mind that some rides don’t operate during the party so need to look that up closer to the time.

Have fun.

Last edited:

HMFan999

It's been a few years, but I've gone without trick or treating before. The lines are shorter, you have the fireworks/parade, and plenty of special entertainment (the Dapper Dans special MNSSHP performance is great). Seeing everyone in costume is lots of fun too, even if you choose not to go in costume. Personally I think it's well worth the money, but Halloween is my favorite holiday.

LUVofDIS

For us, the trick-or -treating is a waste of time. Unless the line is all but empty it is more important for us to do all the other activities offered during the party. I feel there isn't enough time to do all the offerings as it is. Besides, if you value the time, it would be cheaper to buy a few bags of candy than to stand in line waiting for a few pieces of candy.

Now last year we went in the middle of September and there were two places that were all but empty, the area just in front of BTMR and inside the Philharmagic. The only reason we knew about the Philharmagic was because we wanted to watch it and when we got there they were only showing old Mickey Mouse clips, which was cool, and passing out candy.

JIMINYCR

The candy isnt the major reason we go to the event. I know some people who love hauling in as much as they can carry out, filling their treat bag and backpacks. On my last MNSSHP both myself and my friend decided to skip the candy haul because we really didnt need all the sweets. Skipping the candy allowed us more time for the rides, M&G's and get the prime spots for the parade and events. I think at one point we did grab one or two packages of candy just to say we did get something.

Disney4family

We've gone twice and have never trick-or-treated. My kids told me I can take them to Target for candy. When they're at WDW, they want to experience the attractions and special events of MNSSHP. They also informed me that this will change when we have the gift of time after moving down there.
We've found the lines to be shorter for the attractions. Our time fills up having fun with everything from attractions to the parade & the fireworks.

LeighM

The first time my husband and I went to the Halloween party, we didn't do any trick or treating. We were busy meeting characters and trying to get the special magic shots - and of course riding the attractions that were open. We did some trick or treating our second trip for the party because they were generous with the candy we do like LOL. Snickers and Kit Kat? Yes please.

MissMaryEli

When I took my kids (7&11) a couple year ago, I think they only stopped at 3 Treat locations. They were much more interested in short wait times. They enjoyed wearing costumes to MK and the Monsters Inc dance party. They also really liked the parade. The candy was a very minor factor.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
There are all of the (select, check your party map) rides open with low lines if any, plenty of seasonal entertainment, and an overall sense of Halloween fun throughout the park. Enjoy it!

thomas998

My family and I used to go almost every year until about 5 years ago, for the price for 4 of us we found it just wasn't worth it anymore but my wife and I are thinking about going to a party in September. We wouldn't be trick or treating so I was wondering what it's like without doing that. Are the ride lines long? What restaurants are still open? It's been so long I don't know what to expect. Thanks!
You can still have fun.. Frankly even my kids are getting kind of tired of the trick or treating because the candy has gotten worse and worse over the years. Once upon a time you got some cool candy that you didn't find just anywhere... lately they seem to have allowed Scrooge McDuck pick the candy because its been the cheap stuff that we would be embarrassed to hand out.

That said if you just plan on going for the rides, and shows then I would say skip Disney the day of the party and don't waste a regular ticket on that day, just arrive at 4:00pm and use your halloween ticket.... Now the bad news if it is like it was last year is that 7 dwarves mine train will never have a short sub hour line.... maybe just maybe it might after about 10:00pm... but honestly its a ride we skip during the parties because I can't stand the thought of wasting expensive park time just waiting in line.

Otherwise the lines do tend to be shorter unless you go mid Oct on in which case the lines to most ride are about the same as any other day. Also try to avoid a Friday or Saturday party they get more crowded than most other days. Funny thing is maybe 10 years ago we were at a party that was sold out and the lines and crowds weren't that bad... last year we we never did a sold out night but on both nights we were at a party the crowds seemed worse than 10 years ago, so I think they are probably selling more tickets now than they used to.

Also think long and hard about what place you want to eat at during the party because you'll be wasting time, Be Our Guest was our mistake one time only as it took over an hour to get in and out, serve was very slow... Try to pick a place that is faster so you waste less time.

jaklgreen

I never trick or treat when I go to the party. I love the Parade and watch it both times. Not to mention that the rides have a much shorter wait time, the special characters, dance parties, the fireworks show. I actually think it is silly(unless you have really little kids and go on Halloween), to waste time trick or treating. If anything go through a line or two at the end before you leave so you don't have to carry all that candy around. People go crazy over a some candy like it is not available year round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom