What's changed over the weekend?

mickey04

Original Poster
HEy, I was just curoius, anyone who has been to WDW since the end of 100 Years of Magic. What is now closed, what is different? I know the only parade to leave is ToD. But I mean, have they taking down the sparkling banners, taken the logo off the hat, etc? Also, did they close the "Discover the Stories..." kiosks?

And finally, I know they made new park maps, are they really any different? do they show any upcoming attractions (like M:S or Philharmagic?)

I appreciate any questions anyone can answer.
Thanks.

DisneyPhD

Hi we just got back (we were at WDW just yesterday!!!!!! Now it is home in Michigan, how sad is that?) We were there Feb 28 to March 7.

No major changes. The Epcot parade was canceld Feb 28 due to weather. (Rain and wind). We got new card keys with Tinkerbell on them. (we changed rooms on March 2).

I still saw a bunch of 100 years of magic bags, merchandise and napkins. I saw they took away the 100 years of magic coin press at Y&B by Beaches and Cream and replaced it witha different Mickey coin press.

No major changes. Not even any discounts on old merchandise.

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Hi we just got back (we were at WDW just yesterday!!!!!! Now it is home in Michigan, how sad is that?)

I know the feeling. Anyway, sounds like not a whole lot was different- but thanks for the update anyway. It must have been kinda interesting to be there for the changes anyway. I can't believe there weren't discounts on the older merchandise (I guess people still want it.) So did they take down the 100 Years of Magic banners or the "Discover the Stories" kiosks?

AdLibSean

Originally posted by mickey04
Also, did they close the "Discover the Stories..." kiosks?

Did the Kiosks ever mention 100 Years of Magic at all? I can't remember. If they didn't there's a possibility that they're staying around what with the Magical Moments pins doing the same. Disney really isn't wasting space or money operating these things are they?

mickey04

Original Poster
Re: Re: What's changed over the weekend?

Originally posted by AdLibSean
Did the Kiosks ever mention 100 Years of Magic at all? I can't remember. If they didn't there's a possibility that they're staying around what with the Magical Moments pins doing the same. Disney really isn't wasting space or money operating these things are they?

Well, they never mentioned 100 years of magic, but they were decorated with the pins and the screen said 100 Years of Magic at the bottom (both pretty easy to replace) However, they were sort of themed to what has happened in the 100 Years of Magic. Even so, what I think they should do is keep the kiosks, but update them with new quizzes periodically (let's say, every year or so.) That way it could be a new experience every time. What do ya think?

Speedway 9

GONE!

The kiosks are gone...replaced by some kind of Underwriter's Labortory thing...I don't know. SpectroMagic has new introduction, Fantasy in the Sky has new introduction, CMs are getting new name tags in May...signs at enterance to WDW still have 100 years logo, but that will soon change.

Speedway 9

AdLibSean

Wow! I would have thought that surely they'd keep them around b/c of the new pins and such. Hmmmm.... Maybe they're out for rehab to put new signage on them? Ahhh, the end of celebrations are bittersweet. You miss them, but at the same time- its time to just let Walt Disney World return to its normal state.

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by AdLibSean
Ahhh, the end of celebrations are bittersweet. You miss them, but at the same time- its time to just let Walt Disney World return to its normal state.
Well said- my thoughts exactly. ;)

Becky

Originally posted by mickey04
HEy, I was just curoius, anyone who has been to WDW since the end of 100 Years of Magic. I mean, have they taken the logo off the hat,

They walled off the hat. They are changing the logo. Really surprised me that they would close off a money maker (pin sales).:eek:

When I saw the wall I was hopeing they were moving the hat but that isn't going to happen.:(

JeepGuy77

The posters above teh ticket booths at MGM and Epcot have been changed out to the new "where magic lives" campaign. It has the park icons and a pixie dust trail. I bet the 100 YOM stuff will be slowly disappearing like the christmas decorations. Slowly disappearing till its completely gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom