What would you like to see for a Diamond Celebration?

LittleMerman

Original Poster
The 50th anniversary was subdued, prob from Covid. If WDW celebrates their 60th anniversary like Disneyland did, we're only 8 years out - still far, but not crazy far. What would you like to see that could make up for the 50th?

DL60CastleFireworks-56a952413df78cf772a5d32c.jpg

esskay

By the time the 60th comes around we should have a pretty good idea of just how much Epic has affected Disney, and in theory they'll be in "oh poop" mode trying to catch back up. So theoretically a major project such as a new land will be just about ready by then.

yensidtlaw1969

I would hope that Disney sees WDW's 60th as a chance to course-correct from the letdown that was the 50th . . . but more likely they'll look to the disappointment of the 50th as incentive not to try to make a big deal out of WDW Anniversaries anymore.

Personally, I seem to be in small company thinking that Disneyland's 50th was much better than its 60th - I'm always shocked by how blown away people seemed to be by their Diamond Celebration, which I thought wasn't all that much to write home about. Meanwhile their 50th, while a little conceptually underwhelming, made the absolute most of the money spent and hit multiple major home runs.

That said, I'd love to see them earn that sort of response with WDW's 60th given the way they flubbed the 50th. Disney should be seeking every possible opportunity to return to form and live up to their own image.

JIMINYCR

I’d surely like them to bring in some special entertainment and events to make up for the blah we got with the last celebration. Give us some great character interactions throughout the parks with lots of rare characters rarely seen. Roll out some special discounts for resort guests.
But going by the past treatment of WDW , I probably am just wishing on a burnt out star.

Goofyernmost

At my age, I would be happy to see anything other than a fancy, silky lined box.

There was a time when I thought deep into the future, now not much more than a week at a time and sometimes less.

By that time it will cost about $10,000.00 just to get in the park and then an additional Grand for each attraction. It will be needed just to pay off the legal debt accrued in the RCID debacle.

Smiley/OCD

A working Yeti and animatronics in Dinosaur and something other than cement in Dinoland…oh and a few more benches around the parks…remember those?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom