What would you like to see changed?

mrtoad

Original Poster
What would you like to see changed at WDW? Could be a change that has been needed for years. Could be a change back to something that once was.

Here are a few of mine:

I want to old monorails back
I want the original Main Street Electrical Parade back
I want the groundskeeper's dog to shake again in the graveyard in the Haunted Mansion.
I want the skulls back that use to pop in the graveyard and scare everyone.
I want the old bride ghost back in the Attic of the Haunted Mansion
I want Mr. Toad back
I want River Country Back
I want the Walt Disney Story back

I want Small World to be replaced
I want Mickey's Toon Town Fair to go away

These are just a few of mine, I figured I would leave some for others. I also am sure that some of you will remind me of things from my past that I forgot existed once.

pan11435

I want to old monorails back

Why

I want the groundskeeper's dog to shake again in the graveyard in the Haunted Mansion.

It shakes every time I see it.

I want the skulls back that use to pop in the graveyard and scare everyone.

They are still there.

I want the old bride ghost back in the Attic of the Haunted Mansion

Thats also still there.

I want Mr. Toad back

That would be nice as long as we did not do it at the expense of anything.

I want Small World to be replaced

Never gonna happen. i agree it's not the best but it is a classic "Walt" attraction and should never be changed. If you don't like it that much don't ride it.

I want Mickey's Toon Town Fair to go away

Again this should not happen. It provides a great place for young children. Again don't go if you don't like.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by pan11435

quote:

(MB) I want to old monorails back

(Pan) Why

(MB) I just liked the old monorails better.

quote:

(MB) I want the groundskeeper's dog to shake again in the graveyard in the Haunted Mansion.

(Pan) It shakes every time I see it.

(MB) It has been on and off again working for years upon years

quote:

(MB) I want the skulls back that use to pop in the graveyard and scare everyone.

(Pan) They are still there.

(MB) They use to be different. They would have 2 or 3 tiny skulls that would pop up fast (really fast) and screech from behind the headstones. You could actually hear people scream from all over the mansion.

quote:

(MB) I want the old bride ghost back in the Attic of the Haunted Mansion

(Pan) Thats also still there.

(MB) It is a different bride. It was not the one that moves around. It stood still, just had the red heart beating which you could hear as you got closer. It had no face. Just a little creepier.

quote:

(MB)
I want Mr. Toad back

(Pan) That would be nice as long as we did not do it at the expense of anything.

(MB) Mr. Toad was where Winnie the Pooh is so it would have to go somewhere else, though it would have been better if Pooh was put in a new spot instead.

(MB) River Country is not being used for anything else as far as I know.

(MB) The Walt Disney Story was replaced with the Vacation Club Office, they could have put it somewhere else. It was the story that told how everything came to be basically.

quote:

(MB) I want Small World to be replaced

(Pan) Never gonna happen. i agree it's not the best but it is a classic "Walt" attraction and should never be changed. If you don't like it that much don't ride it.

(MB) Fair Enough

quote:

(MB) I want Mickey's Toon Town Fair to go away

(Pan) Again this should not happen. It provides a great place for young children. Again don't go if you don't like.

(MB) I just think the space could be used better is all.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by mikebegley
The Walt Disney Story was replaced with the Vacation Club Office, they could have put it somewhere else. It was the story that told how everything came to be basically.

The Walt Disney Story isn't really needed anymore. "One Man's Dream" at MGM serves the same purpose and is much more impressive, both in the film and especially in the exhibits. It's a Disney fan's dream to see some of those items. Also, what was once the Walt Disney Story is actually the Expo Hall now. It has a movie theater where they show cartoons (similar to the old Main Street Cinema, but with seats). It's actually a very nice place.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by meeko_33785
The Walt Disney Story isn't really needed anymore. "One Man's Dream" at MGM serves the same purpose and is much more impressive, both in the film and especially in the exhibits. It's a Disney fan's dream to see some of those items. Also, what was once the Walt Disney Story is actually the Expo Hall now. It has a movie theater where they show cartoons (similar to the old Main Street Cinema, but with seats). It's actually a very nice place.

Thanks for the info, I have not been back since 2000. I am looking forward to One Man's Dream. I was upset when the got rid of The Story. We actually signed a petition in 93 at Town Hall on Main Street to bring it back. My wife and I had gone to a shop in the square when you first arive and were getting our ears monogramed and I inquired to the woman in the shop about The Story. She said rumor had it that Michael Eisner was so sick of hearing "Walt this and Walt that" that he closed it. She said that there was a petition at City Hall we could sign to complain. She said she heard that if they had enough complaints that he was going to bring it back and that they closed it to make a bigger and better version. I guess 10 years later it is here.

When did the do the theater?

meeko_33785

Originally posted by mikebegley
Thanks for the info, I have not been back since 2000. I am looking forward to One Man's Dream. I was upset when the got rid of The Story. We actually signed a petition in 93 at Town Hall on Main Street to bring it back. My wife and I had gone to a shop in the square when you first arive and were getting our ears monogramed and I inquired to the woman in the shop about The Story. She said rumor had it that Michael Eisner was so sick of hearing "Walt this and Walt that" that he closed it. She said that there was a petition at City Hall we could sign to complain. She said she heard that if they had enough complaints that he was going to bring it back and that they closed it to make a bigger and better version. I guess 10 years later it is here.

When did the do the theater?

I was just there last Summer. Saw Steamboat Willie and the Band Concert. They have a whole loop of different cartoons. I know Flowers and Trees is on it too. It's been there since 1998 or so. It was the 25th Anniversary Welcome Center before that and had a small exhibit and a movie about what would be happening at WDW in the Future.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by meeko_33785
I was just there last Summer. Saw Steamboat Willie and the Band Concert. They have a whole loop of different cartoons. I know Flowers and Trees is on it too. It's been there since 1998 or so. It was the 25th Anniversary Welcome Center before that and had a small exhibit and a movie about what would be happening at WDW in the Future.

I have been back 3 times since that trip in 93 and thought it was still the office for the VC. I guess I need to pay attention more.

imagineer boy

I think WDW should have the same kind of monorails that Disneyland currently has. The pop-up ghosts in the haunted mansion scare me half to death! They do pop up pretty un expectedly and their screams are so loud! The dog shaking probably wasn't working when you were there last. I've always thought the bride in the attic pretty cool, but last time, I noticed that you could see some hydrolics under its dress. It floats up and down with makes it look neat. It must've not been working when you were last there also. Toon Town shouldn't go away, but I think that it could be better like DL's version.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
I think WDW should have the same kind of monorails that Disneyland currently has. The pop-up ghosts in the haunted mansion scare me half to death! They do pop up pretty un expectedly and their screams are so loud! The dog shaking probably wasn't working when you were there last. I've always thought the bride in the attic pretty cool, but last time, I noticed that you could see some hydrolics under its dress. It floats up and down with makes it look neat. It must've not been working when you were last there also. Toon Town shouldn't go away, but I think that it could be better like DL's version.

I do not know what the DL monorails are like. I was only there once about 25 years ago.

The pop-up ghosts in the haunted mansion were way cooler back in the 70s. Unless they have heard my wishes and broght back the old ones from back then. They were just small skulls that would pop up way, way fast.

The dog has been on and off for years. I just never understood why. It seems simple enough to fix.

The old bride did not move at all. It just stood there holding a candle. It had a vail over the face and just a red heart you could see beating under the dress. You could hear as you go closer and closer, almost felt it. The new one does have the hydrolics that you mentioned. You could actually hear the motor on it.

These of course are only my opinions. I get kind of wrapped up in the old MK.

Dr Albert Falls

The DL monorails are falling apart (check out other Disneyland websites). I believe they are down to 2 operational ones, with rumors that it will eventually be used ONLY for one-way trips to the DL Hotel (unlike at WDW, the DL monorail is an "attraction" in Tomorrowland that can be ridden round-trip... at least for now!)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
The DL monorails are falling apart.

Gosh, is there anything in Disneyland that is NOT falling apart these days??

Anyway, here's what I would like to see changed (keep in mind these are all just my own personal opinion...but I'm always open to debating if anyone strongly disagrees):

-Remove the DVC kiosks from the parks. They detract from the escapist feel of visiting the parks and remind me too much of the "outside world". Even if they put them near the exits of each park, they wouldn't seem so obnoxious.

-Get rid of the photographers who stand at the entrance to the parks and try to get you to pose for a picture. They always seem pushy to me. I know someone is going to say, "If you don't like them, just ignore them or politely say, 'No thanks'", but again, these are my personal choices for what I'd like to see changed. I don't like to have to even deal with them. And I think they really get in your face (at least with ME they always do). When I visit a Disney park, I don't like feeling like someone is trying to talk me into buying something.

-Add a PeopleMover to Epcot (at least Future World). I think it would help thin out crowds and would fit in perfectly with the theme. It could run continuously and have numerous stations in shops, restaurants and attractions. So you could just get out whenever you wanted.

-Get rid of the carnival type cheapy attractions at Animal Kingdom.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin

-Add a PeopleMover to Epcot (at least Future World). I think it would help thin out crowds and would fit in perfectly with the theme. It could run continuously and have numerous stations in shops, restaurants and attractions. So you could just get out whenever you wanted.

I would dig that one. I love the WEDWay People Mover (Still named that for me). I think it is a good relaxing, rest your feet experience. Beats just sitting on a bench when you need a breather.

And the benches are not moved around by magnets, so there is another reason it beats benches!

-
:D

RozFan

For all the I do I really must say I am quite content with WDW in its current state. Sure I'd like to see more maintence done in general but Disney and Universal(of course I'd sneak my beloved Universal in here ; ) ) are still leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

SNS

I agree

-Get rid of the carnival type cheapy attractions at Animal Kingdom.

I disagree, it would ruin Dinoland USA's story.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by SNS
I agree

I disagree, it would ruin Dinoland USA's story.

What are the attractions that were mentioned? I have only been to AK a few times.

Enderikari

What are the attractions that were mentioned? I have only been to AK a few times.

Well, there's two types of people in this world, those who think that Chester And Hester's Dino-Rama is a perfectly good addition to Animal Kingdom and fits right in with the Disney Theme.
And those of us who.... Ummm...... Don't

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I too am pretty content with the way things at Disney are, however, I loved the WORLD OF MOTION. I would like that back and be able to keep Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom