What would YOU do?

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
Let's just say that you've planned your Disney trip and are spending a week at one of their resorts where the check-in time is 3:00 and you may not arrive there until 4, 4:30 or so and the parks are open until 6:00 (I say 6 because that's how late they were when we arrived for our trip in 2001 and we didn't get there until nearly 4:30 or 5 or so). Would you go ahead and buy a length of stay pass beginning with that very day you arrive although you may not get to do too much but really want to hit the parks right away, or would you perhaps hold off on the start of the ticket until the next morning when you have all day long to enjoy each park? The last time, we bought our length-of-stay passes beginning with that day, hit the Magic Kingdom right away, but were only able to do 2-3 quick attractions before the park closed. Does that seem worth it? If I get in that situation on my next trip, I know I'd really like to get to the parks right away, but on the other hand it may be better to wait til the next day and perhaps enjoy my first few hours in WDW riding around on the monorails or maybe visiting some of the other resorts or Downtown Disney.

TrevEG

Here's my suggestion... Deffinately go for the length of stay pass as soon as you get there. I almost always end up with this situation seeing as my friends rather sleep in and take a later flight rather than getting there early and making the most of the first day...:hammer: Sure you may only get to do one or two rides... but that's one or two more rides that you wouldnt get to do otherwise. Plus, after the parks close, your length of stay passes are still good for other things that stay open... such as DisneyQuest and Pleasure Island. But then again that's just my suggestion. I suppose some people may rather spend their first day relaxing... but what's the fun in that? :p

Katherine

Welcome to the boards Trev!!

I would definantly want to hit the parks right away or I get way too anxious and don't get any sleep. I love etting there and heading straight for the parks. Walking down Main St. tells me I'm at WDW and I get sooo happy!

Crazy4Figment

Getting a length of stay pass as soon as you arrive is worth it. Epcot closes late and Illuminations is worth it (if It's showing). Besides sometimes going inon just one ride and just absorbing the park atmosphere is pretty cool.

conntom

First Welcome TrevEG. The thing I would do is go to the
Disney Store and see if they have the Length of stay Pass you
want its better then going on line at WDW. THat line can be
long. When I got to your Hotel unpack go eat then go to Epcot
for the night. Then go to Pleasure island for the rest of the night.
:)

figmentmom

Last time I bought length-of-stay passes - and it was a long time ago, because we have annual passes now - we weren't offered a choice of days our passes could run. We were told that if we purchased L-O-S passes, the clock was ticking from check-in to the end of the check-out day. Maybe things have changed, though, so ASK!

However, if you're asking if you should buy, for example, four- or five-day park hoppers, depending on whether or not that first evening should "count" as a whole day, poll your group and ask if they'd want to go to EPCOT until 9 that night, or if an evening at Downtown Disney would be just as magical. I hate to wait to hit the parks, myself, so I'd go for the longer pass, but your group may feel differently!

Have a great time, whatever you decide!:)

jenjie

We had a similar experience. By the time we got situated our first day, we arrived at Epcot at 5:00. We had time for dinner, 3 or 4 attractions and Illuminations. While it wasn't alot of time, it was a great way to start our vacation. My kids (ages 3 &4) woke up the next day asking to go back to Epcot!

Yellow Shoes

We were in this situation on our last trip, and I decided that next time we would buy hoppers instead of the Ultimate Park Hopper (the ticket formerly known as Length of Stay)

I'm afraid I will be itchin' to get to the parks, but at around $50 a day, having an hour at MK and 3 at Epcot doesn't seem worth it.

In your situation, I would get settled and explore the resort if I hadn't been there before.

I would have dinner at 'Ohana in time to see the fireworks from the restaurant or the beach. If there were no fireworks, then perhaps Chef Mickey's. Take the monorail around the Epcot loop. Ride the ferry to Wilderness Lodge. Go to POR and take the ferry to Downtown Disney.

OR

Eat and explore on the Boardwalk.

Early to bed, because you ARE going to be in line at park opening. Better yet--get the first breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace and enjoy that few moments of having Main Street all to yourself.

RU42

As others mentioned - Epcot is a viable option. But it really becomes a function of money. If you have the cash flow - go for it. If you are tight, I'd say hold off.

Let's say you decide to hold off - what to do? I would say hotel hop. Check out the themeing - get psyched up for the next day - find a good place for a meal. You could even spend time in Downtown Disney. Maybe catch Cirque.

RU

rosie.ca

i always just use that first day to unpack ,have a swim ,go out for dinner -like at animal kingdom lodge or at the poly and/or go to downtown disney . i mean after you get into your room and all it can be kinda late and you will be wanting to take time out for dinner i just do things i might be too rushed to do the rest of the week

Mos20

I would also say get started right away. It's a Disney vacation, how can just sit around wait, I know I couldn't. Have you also though of arriving earlier. I know the check-in time is most commonly 3pm , but if you get there early in the day, they will hold your bags for you until your room is ready. I have been there 5 times so far, each time I arrived around 11am and each time they were all ready for me. But ofcourse that depends on the resort nd the time of year. Anyway, whatever you decide have great time.:wave:

DCL

I would wait until the next day. There's so much stuff to do other than the parks... it would be a waste of money. I would go like mini-golfing, and then check out the hotel, or even DownTown Disney!

Sir Hiss527

No way, that's such a waste of money. Arrive late like 10, or so. Get your room, and go to bed, then buy your major ticket, and enjoy!

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom