What would YOU do with River Country????

radiohost

Original Poster
Disney assigns you with the task of doing somthing with the land that used to be the first water park at WDW, river country....Upon seeing it first hand this passed summer as me and my girfriend were riding on the mouse boats on the Seven seas lagoon, it is apparent that it could use some attention....so do you:

1.Rebuild it using todays technology

2. Tear it down completely

3. Make you own creative decision that you are willing to share...

Sky's the limit here...should be interesting in seeing the responses..:cool:

natalia1681

I would bring it back just the way it was. But that's just me. And probably no one would want to come to it, but that's fine with me--shorter lines for those of us who loved it the way it was:animwink:

Rob562

Keep it generally the same as it is now, but rebuild it so that it doesn't rely on water from Bay Lake, give it a good refurbishment, and make it accessible to Fort Wilderness Guests only as a perk of staying there (similar to Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach), possibly Wilderness Lodge, too.

The turnstiles could be kept, you'd have to use your room key to gain entry. Or maybe even allow it to be free for Fort Wilderness Guests, but any other WDW Resort Guest could pay for a low-price single-day admission if they really wanted to go...

-Rob

bhg469

Break it down and make a pirates theme featuring a pirate ship and a fort just like on the ride. Water cannons between the 2.

doop

I loved River Country, I would rebuild it using today's technology but still keep some of the old things that it had. I really wish they would do something with it, it's such a waste of space. :brick:

Cynderella

I would bring it back just the way it was. But that's just me. And probably no one would want to come to it, but that's fine with me--shorter lines for those of us who loved it the way it was:animwink:

I would come!!! River Country was my absolute favorite waterpark. We would spend hours going down the slides in to the lake. And shorter lines are always a plus! :D

It seems like such a waste for it to be sitting there empty. I wonder if they would do that with a park, if times got tough. I think MGM as a ghost town would be spooky and I think it would be the first one to get the "axe".

pinjim

I'd reopen it with the same features, maybe add the suggested Pirate theme; otherwise, sometimes the simpler the better!

cyberbro

Does anyone remember how cold the water was at River Country?

I was going to say just reopen and keep it the way it was, but I like the pirate theme. I would also reopen Discovery Island just the way it was.

But does anyone remember how cold the water was at River Country?:eek:

They need to warm it up a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom