What to do???

Jen0504

I am taking my teenage sons to WDW at the beginning of December. Ok, I know I am way over thinking this whole thing, but now I am stressed. I have booked our trip for Dec 6-12. Well, I found out that this is Pop Warner week, and have heard and read all sorts of horror stories. It is not too late to change our dates, so would I be better off going the week before which is the week right after Thanksgiving? According to Touring Plans the crowd level is a little higher the week after Thanksgiving than it is during Pop Warner week. HELP!!! :veryconfu

Philo

You hear lot's of horror stories but it can't be that bad (not that i've been during this time)

You will see lot's of kids running around and hear them shouting but I really don't see it spoiling anyones trip.

Just remember that the resort transport may fill up quickly so either take your own car or plan plenty of time for getting to/from the parks (between parks won't be that bad).

If your really really worried, consider changing your resort to a moderate but IMO it's not worth it (unless, like me, your always looking for an excuse to upgrade!)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Unless you are staying at All-Star Sports, and possibly the other All-Star resorts, you will hardly know they are there.

I've traveled that week quite a few times and have only seen them in the parks once and that was a small group of maybe a dozen girls with chaperones.

Disney doesn't put youth groups at Pop Century, so if you are there, you will have no problems.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

You are worrying about nothing. Relax.
Have fun.
Other than a few naked cheerleaders in the pool your sons won't see anything.
Just tell them they are 'pool waitresses'.
:)

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

They usually stay at the AS resorts but, I think the overflow may spill over to Pop. I wouldn't worry about it ruining the vacation for your sons, actually most teenage boys would probably think it was the worlds greates vacation. I mean what could be better for a couple of teenage boys but an entire resort filled with teenage girls that are cheerleaders.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Jen0504

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! And you are all probably right....the boys will probably be oogling the cheerleaders the whole time! :animwink: I'm going to go ahead and keep our dates. Ohhh, just thought of something else. Pop Warner holds a party at DHS one night.....anyone know which night of the week that is? Thanks again!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now I wish we weren't staying at the Movies, should have gone with my gut and stayed at the Pop. But we are going with extended family and we are all staying at the All Stars. :( Sorry, just a little venting.

Upvote 0

Tinkyroo

Actually overflow usually goes to Port Orleans.

Disney does NOT put youth groups at Pop.

We go every year the week after PW and stay at Pop. There has always been a teenage cheerleader sitting just outside her door talking on her cell phone and smoking near our room - one year next door. That time the girl was smoking and talking on the cell till around 2am (and left her used cigarettes on the walkway - classy!) We knew she was a cheerleader because we could not help but hear her conversation. We assumed each year that the girls stayed a bit longer after PW was over. I love Pop though and would stay there again this December except we opted for the free deluxe dinning over at POR AB section because we are staying for 12 days - PW week and the next. So should I worry about loads of teens there? Not sure why they would pick POR or at least the AB section because I have heard of people getting lost there. And, I have heard that the spillage goes to CS. I guess because they have all that convention space that the groups could meet at?

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Jen, do not worry!!! We were there during it last Dec. We had no issue and honestly, unless you are staying at the All-Star resorts or PO ( that is where thet send the overflow if All-Stars book up) you are not going to really run into them in the parks as they play during the day. Go and enjoy your trip!! It is a wonderful time to go!!

And Sue, Pop Warner is a youth football and Cheerleading organization here in the states. Every year, they hold their championships at WDW. Usually in the first week of Dec. It's a national organization, so there is usually a team that represents each district at the championship.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Educate me someone! What's Pop Warner week please?
The Pop Warner Superbowl is held at Wide World of Sports during that week. It boils down to a bunch of teen and preteen football teams taking over the All Star Spots resort for the event but their effect on the parks is minimal.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I did hear a rumor that they may use CSR this year.

I've been at Pop 4 times for Mousefest and it always coincided with Pop Warner - never saw any Pop Warner kids except for a few in the parks, and they were in small groups of 12 or less - with chaperones.

Eventually the travel itinerary will be posted on the Pop Warner site - so we will be able to see what resorts they are offering.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We went to WDW during Pop-Warner week in 2007. There were no incidents or horror stories. We had no problems at all. If fact I remember a pleasant conversation with a cheerleader and her mom from San Diego CA. I mentioned that I had to shovel show to get out of my driveway to get to the airport to fly from Boston to Orlando. The Mom stated that her daughter had never seen show. I told the daughter she wasn't missing anything.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom