What to bring to keep 1 year old entertained?

peemagg

Original Poster
We are traveling in January with twin 13 month olds, and a 2 1/2 year old. What do you all suggest to keep the younger two entertained while on our flight? We have a 2.5 hour flight non-stop. We are hoping that they will sleep on the way down and back, but just in case we need a back up plan.

happymom52003

Say alot of prayers! Just joking:). When my youngest was that age, we used stickers and snacks to keep her occupied. And get some new little toys to give them on the flight. The trick is having a bunch of little things to keep giving them because their attention span is so short. And we lucked out because she was pretty good about sleeping on the plane. In fact, on her very first plane trip when she was 12 months old, she fell asleep between the start of the runway and take off....the loud noise of the engines put her right to sleep! It was so funny. Also, take any comfort items that they are used to such as a stuffed animal and/or blanket....this can sometimes help them relax enough to fall asleep. Good luck!

sherylemomof2

traveling with twins

We took our then 11 month old twin boys last June to Disney and did not take anything thinking the flight was only two hours and our hands were full so we did not carry extra stuff. BIG MISTAKE> We are going back in May with our sons who will be 22 months old then and our niece and her husband are taking their 10 month old twins and their 2 year old. We have purchased DVD players for each there will be 7 adults going with us. One will not work as airline restrict two hand held children in one row so we never can sit together,Something due to Oxygen requirements.

We had a wonderful time at Disney last year with our boys but were tierd alot because many places you cannot take the stroller in so carried them alot in lines and through attractions.
If you have snugglies to hold them that also is a huge help.
Have a wonderful trip. Sheryle

Gator

You can get a portable DVD player for about $75-85. Bring some movies they like. Also, if they can chew, bring some Trix or a sweet cereal - they'll like that. Just don't expect the trip to be restful.

better

Make it sure that you are having enough eating material with you and Nappies.:lol: Just Kidding guys, Make it sure that your kids are having there favorite toys that will keep them busy and also try to make them sleep early by some early feed.:wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yep..portable DVD Player.

My Dr. always recommended giving an infant a bit of Benadryl before the flight so their ears don't pop as bad...the nice side effect of that is that my daughter always fell asleep as a result - problems solved ;)

peemagg

Original Poster
We are hoping that that magical elixer will have the same effect on our 3, but if not we need a plan B. LOL

happymom52003

If you are going to use Benedryl, test it out on your kids before the day of the flight! While it can make some kids fall asleep, it has the opposite effect on ALOT of kids. It can make some kids very cranky, and sometimes hyper. I have known people who have used it for the first time the day of their flight and it was a nightmare for them. Especially with older toddlers and kids...because they will fight the sleepiness because they are so excited...so they just get very cranky instead of falling asleep. So just give it to them sometime before your trip, like on a weekend or sometime when you don't have to leave your house....and give it to them the same time of day as your flight is going to be. Then you will know how it will effect them during the daytime.

KC82271

Whether or not they are on bottles, bring bottles to the airport for the actual take off and landing. The new TSA guidelines are tough and my daughter is only on juice boxes as she gave up the bottle so we weren't able to bring the boxes through. We bought milk inside of security, but it didn't help - the staws are too big and uneasy to use. I needed for her to be able to suck down something for the take off for her ears. What a disaster it turned out to be. The next time - almost 3 or not, I am bringing a bottle with me. I don't care what I have to put in it, but at least she can suck on something.

As for entertainment, bring a DVD player - with headphones. We were told this past trip to either use the earphones or turn it off. Luckily, we had 7 of the nine seats, so it wasn't bad.

Sticky decals for the windows make a great time killer if you have the window seat. I let my daughter (out of her seat while smooth riding) put them on the window, peel them off, and start over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom