What time do the MK fireworks usually start?

mousedroid

Original Poster
Relative to the time the park closes, that is.

Example - if the park closes at 9 PM, what time would the fireworks typically start? 8:30?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
There is no SET time as it changes.
Its not like EPCOT where you KNOW the show is at 9pm nightly.
I would just go look on the website and find the date you want to know and see what time it starts that day and what time the park closes that day.

mousedroid

Original Poster
There is no SET time as it changes.
Its not like EPCOT where you KNOW the show is at 9pm nightly.
I would just go look on the website and find the date you want to know and see what time it starts that day and what time the park closes that day.
OK, thanks.

The reason I asked is that I made a reservation for my fiancee and me at California Grill the last night of our trip with part of the idea being that we would watch the fireworks from the restaurant.

However, I couldn't get a reservation for earlier than 9:25. I believe I read somewhere that you can arrive at the restaurant up to one hour earlier than your reservation, so I am hoping the fireworks typically start about 30 minutes before the scheduled closing time of the park.

Or maybe we should get there around 8 and try to check in 90 minutes early? I'm not sure what the rules are exactly and I can't find the information I read previously about checking in early for a dinner reservation.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
OK, thanks.

The reason I asked is that I made a reservation for my fiancee and me at California Grill the last night of our trip with part of the idea being that we would watch the fireworks from the restaurant.

However, I couldn't get a reservation for earlier than 9:25. I believe I read somewhere that you can arrive at the restaurant up to one hour earlier than your reservation, so I am hoping the fireworks typically start about 30 minutes before the scheduled closing time of the park.

Or maybe we should get there around 8 and try to check in 90 minutes early? I'm not sure what the rules are exactly and I can't find the information I read previously about checking in early for a dinner reservation.

I have never eaten at Cali Grill so I'm unfamiliar with what you can and can't do as far as timing goes.
What date is your dining reservation for?

mousedroid

Original Poster
Happily Ever After=HEA
That's the fireworks show in question.
Oh cool, thank you! That makes me feel better.

We might not get to watch the show while we eat, but if we can check in earlier at the lounge or something, we can probably watch it from the balcony before we have dinner, which would be ever better!

I was worried that it was going to take place so far in advance of our reservation that we would miss it altogether.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
If dining at CG, you are allowed to return later in the evening to watch the show from the deck. I would think you'll be able to go up early to view the show before your reservation.

Rosanne

After the show on the castle & fireworks, about 15 or 20 minutes later they have a projection show on the castle. We actually like it more than the 1st show. And some people leave after the fireworks so its not as crowded.

DisneyJoe

Relative to the time the park closes, that is.

Example - if the park closes at 9 PM, what time would the fireworks typically start? 8:30?
If the park closes at 9pm, fireworks (Happily Ever After (HEA)) would typically start at 9pm - but you should always check the MDE app or Disney website for times.

danyoung56

Oh cool, thank you! That makes me feel better.

We might not get to watch the show while we eat, but if we can check in earlier at the lounge or something, we can probably watch it from the balcony before we have dinner, which would be ever better!

You can visit the lounge any time - just don't plan on hitting it too close to fireworks time, as it'll be crowded and they won't let anyone new up there. With an ADR of 9:25pm, I'd plan to be at the lounge at 8pm, enjoy a couple of drinks, head out to the balcony for the fireworks, and then head back inside for your dinner. Sounds like a nice night!

HouCuseChickie

I have had seating timing all over the place with Cali Grill over the years. Most recently, we had a 6:55pm ADR, were seated a little bit early (like closer to 6:30), and were finishing paying the check right around the time HEA started at 8pm. We've had other times where we waited a good 35-40 minutes past our ADR time to be seated.

All this being said, keep trying for an ADR closer to your ideal time. Things do tend to open up as you get really close to your travel dates. I know I was able to change from a 6:15pm ADR to 6:55pm ADR within a week of this most recent trip...and it's usually easier for smaller parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom