What strollers do YOU bring?

Britt

We've got the First Years Jet stroller and we LOVED it for my, then 9 month old, now almost 2 year old. I just wish the basket was a bit bigger.

(link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Jet-Lightweight-Stroller-City-Chic/14894713)

We've considered bringing our Baby Trend Double Stoller/Sit and Stand, but, Im worried about the size of it. It's VERY large, very heavy. We're going in a low crowd time, but QS meals...the tram thing in the parking lot? Heck, the airport freaks me out with it. LOL

Soooo, what stroller do you bring?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Back in the day we brought the umbrella stroller for airport and around the resort, also DTD. We checked in the umbrella and rented a stroller in the parks.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We took our Baby Trend Sit n Stand double on our girls' first trip and it was HORRIBLE! I was originally going to get the Graco Quattro Tour double since I had the single verion and loved it, but I decided to economize and go with the Baby Trend one. Mistake! I never liked the basket, but it was a real pain at WDW since we needed it more than an avg day. The bigger issue- it's not a very comfy stroller. My younger one usually rode up front, which is the better seat, but even that wasn't enough. She had just turned 2 on that first trip and the seat was so horrible that should wouldn't nap in it. DD5 (who was 4 at the time) was also pretty miserable in the rear section and never had a chance of napping or really being comfy back there. It also wasn't the easiest thing to push or fold up since the tray and foot rest pop off when you fold it up. I flew with it a few times and it wasn't too bad except for the parts that come off in folding. While it's a bigger stroller, it never felt huge when I was using it...but it also never felt as sturdy as other models.

Last trip we rented a City Mini Double. Had I known about this stroller back when I was shopping for doubles I would have bought it. It was awesome. The cargo basket was well positioned-spacious-easy to access, it was so easy to push, it folded easily, and the best part- both girls were comfortable enough in it that they each napped in it a few times. We rented from Magic Strollers (price was the lowest) and had wonderful service. We're planning on renting one again this trip b/c it was just such a great stroller and their service was wonderful. I have also sold my Baby Trend b/c I just never want to use that thing again! I know - sounds dramatic- but if you need to tour with a stroller, having a good one can make a huge difference.

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
We took our Baby Trend Sit n Stand double on our girls' first trip and it was HORRIBLE! I was originally going to get the Graco Quattro Tour double since I had the single verion and loved it, but I decided to economize and go with the Baby Trend one. Mistake! I never liked the basket, but it was a real pain at WDW since we needed it more than an avg day. The bigger issue- it's not a very comfy stroller. My younger one usually rode up front, which is the better seat, but even that wasn't enough. She had just turned 2 on that first trip and the seat was so horrible that should wouldn't nap in it. DD5 (who was 4 at the time) was also pretty miserable in the rear section and never had a chance of napping or really being comfy back there. It also wasn't the easiest thing to push or fold up since the tray and foot rest pop off when you fold it up. I flew with it a few times and it wasn't too bad except for the parts that come off in folding. While it's a bigger stroller, it never felt huge when I was using it...but it also never felt as sturdy as other models.

Last trip we rented a City Mini Double. Had I known about this stroller back when I was shopping for doubles I would have bought it. It was awesome. The cargo basket was well positioned-spacious-easy to access, it was so easy to push, it folded easily, and the best part- both girls were comfortable enough in it that they each napped in it a few times. We rented from Magic Strollers (price was the lowest) and had wonderful service. We're planning on renting one again this trip b/c it was just such a great stroller and their service was wonderful. I have also sold my Baby Trend b/c I just never want to use that thing again! I know - sounds dramatic- but if you need to tour with a stroller, having a good one can make a huge difference.

Thank you SO much! I think I will stick with my First Years one....LOL

Upvote 0

lebeau

We had a big, bulky doubly stroller on the last trip and it was a nightmare! Getting that thing up and down stairs and on and off crowded buses was a real chore! I vowed never to do that again.

The plan this year is a simple umbrella stroller. We have done this in the past when we only had one stroller-age child and it worked out well. Now that Josie's outgrown a stroller, we'll go back to simplicity. I definitely recommend getting the lightest weight, easiest to fold and maneuver stroller you can get. Fortunately, they also tend to be the cheapest.

Also, be prepared for your stroller to get rained on. A wet stroller ruined a day for us last trip. Won't make that rookie mistake again.

Oh, also, I don't know about anyone else's kids. But 9 times out of 10, we wind up pushing an empty stroller and carrying a kid who refused to ride in it. Or having kids fight over who gets to push the stroller. Strollers can be more of a burden than a help. Stick with ones that won't weigh you down!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We're going with our UPPABaby G-Lite, since it's what we've taken to the local zoo, etc, in the past. I really don't want to haul a bigger stroller onto a plane with us and this one folds up nicely, has a great travel bag to store it in, and it weighs next to nothing - both my husband and I can carry it on our backs if we need to. It's also got a very nice UV shade, which we will definitely be needing on this trip!

Upvote 0

alissafalco

We are going with our Maclaren. Its only 12 lbs and extends all the way down and the feet extender comes up so our 2 year old can sleep in it fully laying down. It folds up easliy and is light weight. Granted they are expensive strollers but I feel you get what you pay for with strollers. Don't rent one at the park because you have to return it and pick it up every day, they are not allowed to leave the park.

Upvote 0

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm renting this year when we go. That way I don't have to fight the thing through the airport and freak when they break it (like the airline did with our Uppa on the last flight). I've pointed a few people to Orlando Stroller Rental and they have been very happy, so this year I'm taking my own advice and doing that one for us.

Upvote 0

melmood2000

I have traveled with a stroller aged child the past 2 years and I have used the Chicco Lightway Stroller both times. The reasons I love it, it folds completely just like an umbrella stroller, it has a large sunshade, it fully reclines for naps, the front wheels can lock for pushing thru sand or grass and then unlock for easy navigating thru stores or crowds. The only negative I have is the basket isn't large at all, it is actually a synch sack that you can detach and use as a bag. Our first trip to disney I thought this was a big flaw until the first time the bus came and I realized if I wanted to fold up the stroller I had to empty the basket o_O so we packed everything in a back pack and hung it off the back of the stroller, when it was time to get on the bus/tram and such we moved the back pack to our back and folded the stroller, it was also easy to carry the back pack with us in to shows and places that the stroller isn't allowed to go. We use this stroller as our everyday stroller now and I have recommend this to many expecting mothers over the bulky travel system strollers. On a side note if my daughter didn't travel well in this type stroller and I needed something bigger I would rent a city mini from Kingdom Strollers they deliver and pick up for free. Have a Great Trip :D

Upvote 0

wiigirl

75.gif
Back in the day we brought the umbrella stroller for airport and around the resort, also DTD. We checked in the umbrella and rented a stroller in the parks.

That's what I do....I like to travel light as possible witg kids. ;)

Upvote 0

bgraham34

For my last two trips and my next trip we are bringing our City Mini. My son was 5 months and 14 months on his first two trips and the city mini is easy to carry around. It collapses in about 2 seconds. We also do a gate check at the airport so we have the stroller the minute we step off the plane.

Upvote 0

ctosh

Umbrella stoller is the way to go.. My kids are 22mo apart and when the were younger thats what we used. We would just fold them up and go.. They were super easy at the airport.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

We got the Combi Tri-fold stroller just for the fact we would be taking it to WDW every year. I am so glad we got too. It works out great in the parks and on the bus. The basket is not the biggest but we didnt want to disturb anyone while we were on the bus. Never liked the huge strollers on the bus that takes up like 3 seats.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

We are renting from Orlando Stroller Rentals for the first time next month. The past three trips we have used our Joovy Sit and Stand which was okay but definitely not great. And now that our middle one is 5 there is no way I will push him in that thing anymore, too much weight and terrible steering. We went with the newer Citi Mini Double.
I am considering bringing along an umbrella stroller just for the airport and quicker resort trips for our youngest.

Upvote 0

atsolomon

We found a lightweight umbrella stroller to be best. As noted above, it will get rained on and unexpectedly moved by Cast Members who are defragging stroller parking. Do not leave valuables in the stroller. Food may also be nicked by local squirrels and birds.

Now that my kids are too big for a stroller I don't know how I'm going to haul around my backpack. Oh, I guess I'm going to have to carry it. ;-)

Have a great time!

Adam

Upvote 0

vzmom

We rented a double GT stroller from Strollers and Groceries for our last trip. That's what we will do again next trip as well. I loved the stroller and they were great! It was such a good deal to get free delivery on the stroller and the groceries.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Once DS was a little big for his "baby" stroller we moved onto an umbrella stroller. He turned 6 in March but we still had it with us for the trip in September. The one we use is actually the one you can buy on property (red with a sun shade and cup holder). They are so much lighter and pack up into a much smaller "package" to have to deal with. Now that said... I think with his recent growth spurt and weight gain he may be skipping a stroller next year. He'll be 7 after all. LOL!

Upvote 0

jenluvswdw

Once DS was a little big for his "baby" stroller we moved onto an umbrella stroller. He turned 6 in March but we still had it with us for the trip in September. The one we use is actually the one you can buy on property (red with a sun shade and cup holder). They are so much lighter and pack up into a much smaller "package" to have to deal with. Now that said... I think with his recent growth spurt and weight gain he may be skipping a stroller next year. He'll be 7 after all. LOL!
HI ExtinctJenn, When my son was 7 we rented a stroller at the park for EPCOT and AK. My DH thought I was nuts, but with the heat and all the walking in these larger parks it was a blessing. My big boy was happy to get a free ride..lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom