What seems to be best day to visit a water park??

ctosh

We are going the first of June.
I know it will busy every day..but does one seen less so than the others?

DisneyDebNJ

This question comes up every time we head to Disney. "what day are we doing Typhoon Lagoon??" In my experiences, Mon, Tues, Weds were the best. Weekends, on gorgeous days, you also have local Floridians who enjoy the water parks too. I am sure there are also benefits of getting there as the water parks often, however, I have never done this and during the week, honestly never had a problem. Enjoy!!! :)

Upvote 0

wiigirl

This question comes up every time we head to Disney. "what day are we doing Typhoon Lagoon??" In my experiences, Mon, Tues, Weds were the best. Weekends, on gorgeous days, you also have local Floridians who enjoy the water parks too. I am sure there are also benefits of getting there as the water parks often, however, I have never done this and during the week, honestly never had a problem. Enjoy!!! :)
75.gif

This...def during the work week. ;)

Upvote 0

808in702

Cindy,
We just got back and visited both water parks. We went to Typhoon Lagoon on a Sunday about 10 am and it was empty then around noon it started to get crowded. Blizzard Beach, we went on Friday around 2 pm and Monday around 10, it wasn't too bad. On Friday, I guess most people started leaving prior to that and we were able to find spots to sit. On Monday, there was a major storm so the park started to thin our around 1. If you stay till closing at BB, be careful because they share the same bus with AK and by the time the bus gets to BB it's usually crowded so they might only allow several guest on. We stayed at PORS and left at 8, but didn't get back to our room until 930. Whatever you decide, just have fun.
Arnold

Upvote 0

experiment624

This is a tough question! I've only been to the water parks perhaps 25 or 30 times and this is too small a sample to see a real pattern develop. (I wish someone like touringplans.com would do an extensive analysis of the patterns.) My own limited experience is that people who are traveling from out-of-state tend to go to the water parks during the middle of the week. (How many of you land at Orlando and say "let's head to Blizzard Beach"? Everyone wants to go to MK when they first arrive!;)) People who live near WDW tend to visit during the weekend. Since WDW has more out-of-state than in-state guests, I think I've seen a pattern where crowds are lightest on Sunday and Monday.

On any given day I've definitely seen a consistent pattern:
- Moderate crowds for opening
- Heavy crowds for the afternoon
- Lighest crowds after 5 PM

Unlike the theme parks, it's amazing how empty the water parks can get for the last hour.

It has been a while, but growing up in florida, we used to take school field trips to Disney parks. I recall a directive one time that asked all groups to come on Fridays because that was their least busy day. As AP holder now, I still believe Friday is their least busy day at any park.

Three weeks ago, we went to Blizzard Beach on Saturday, and the crowd was non-existant, we didn't wait for anything, but the sky was a little gloomy. Two weeks ago, we went to Typhoon Lagoon on Sunday, and the crowds were definately greater than I've EVER seen at either waterpark, but the Brazillian tour groups were there too. Yes, this is too small a sampling for a conclusion, but just factors to keep in mind.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

exactly. and if it is hot, they may close to capacity, so arrive early

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

We went on Wednesday, July 18. It was EMH for Typhoon Lagoon that morning, so that's why we chose that day. It was wonderful at park opening, very light crowds. However, by midday it started to get crowded with the tour groups and the local day camps coming in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom