What Resort???

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Considering our girls are getting older and we spend more time at Epcot and Disney-MGM, Beach Club is the choice. You can walk to both parks, and yes , the decor is great. Just added 100 points in the DVC at Beach Club. Combined with our 300 at Wilderness Lodge, we're set for life.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

We had to make that decision a few weeks ago, and decided on the Polynesian. But we also spend a lot of time at the Magic Kingdom so it really pays for us.

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
Go with the Polynesian because it is a nice resort with great theming a good view of the Magic Kingdom and it has easy transportation to MK and Epcot.

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

You can't go wrong with any of them. I've stayed at all of them and would probably choose AKL for my next trip because I've only stayed there once. Here are some reasons I would choose each one:

Beach Club - Great pool and nice theme. Walk to EPCOT & Boardwalk. Nice boat ride to MGM. Close to Fantasia Gardens.

Polynesian - Great theme, nice new pool and a quite pool too. Monorail to MK (very nice if you will spend a lot of time there).

AKL - Great theme. Big pool. The live animals make for a very exotic experience and is probably my main reason for staying here. Great restaurants (best of the three hotels IMO).

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ok, I'll chime in here. Can't stop myself from talking about AKL. :lol:

I'd put my money on AKL. Never stayed at the Beach Club, so I can't comment. I have stayed at the Poly and AKL. Both are quite nice, but all things equal, AKL is far supierior.

While Poly has the monorail, I spend most of my time at Epcot and DAK, so the bus system at AKL is better for me.

So to me, it all comes doen to theming and the resorts ammenities, and AKL has them over Poly IMO. Don't get me wrong, Poly is very nice, and if anyone wants to pay for me to stay at the Poly for free, I wouldn't pass it up....No really, someone please pay for me to stay there...:D

AKL has just captured my total attention, and because the hotel is so new, it's a very nice place to stay. You'll never want to leave. It was by far the saddest part of our last trip was leaving this hotel. We were done with our vacation and were ready to get back to a normal life, but I wish we could have stayed in the hotel a bit longer...

Can't wait to go back this fall!

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

The Polynesian.

1- Nothing beats being in the monorail route.
2- Theming.
3- Tranquility in the whole resort area.
4- You get the Floridean's Spa
5- The many restaurant options, plus going to dine at the Contemporary or Floridean via Monorail.

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

pixiedust1010

Definitely the Beach Club. I have stayed at many different WDW resorts and the Y&B are definitely my favorite...great pool, the boardwalk is great (and its fun to sit on the beach at the BC and look over at the Boardwalk at night, its beautiful)...and i find the location really convenient. I'm more of an MGM/Epcot person and it is so easy to get to both of those parks from the BC. It is such a short walk to Epcot and really convenient if you are just going in for Illuminations. Plus, the transportation has never caused a problem for me when heading over to DAK or MK. And most of all, BEACHES AND CREAM!!!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best resort on the planet! It has the best theming, Boma and Jiko are AMAZING, its pool area is beautiful, the resort itself is beautiful, and the animal views are amazing. God, I love this resort ~daydreaming~

Upvote 0

disneydudette

:sohappy:polyneisian- (my choice) if u have smallkids...and will make use of the monorail

:DBeach Club- if u enjoy the water...good water park...close to everything but MK

:eek:AKL- kinda boring..only good if u enjoy the animals A LOT!! far from mostly everything cept for blizzard beach!

Upvote 0

figmentbaby

Originally posted by pixiedust1010
Definitely the Beach Club. I have stayed at many different WDW resorts and the Y&B are definitely my favorite...great pool, the boardwalk is great (and its fun to sit on the beach at the BC and look over at the Boardwalk at night, its beautiful)...and i find the location really convenient. I'm more of an MGM/Epcot person and it is so easy to get to both of those parks from the BC. It is such a short walk to Epcot and really convenient if you are just going in for Illuminations. Plus, the transportation has never caused a problem for me when heading over to DAK or MK. And most of all, BEACHES AND CREAM!!!

Well said Pixiedust!!!!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Animal kingdom lodge, how many places let you sit on your porch and look at wild animals? amazing. and check out boma's for breakfast or dinner, it is a buffet, you will love it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom