What is weather like

mightduck748

Original Poster
Im going to Disneyworld for the first time June 6 to the 12th. I checked the weather.com and it says Isolated T-Storms.
Im just comeing off a cold and I want to propose to my GF, during Fantasmic! So is there a good chance that it will rain? Help needed please

WDWScottieBoy

When they say isolated thunderstorms, they just mean the almost everyday 3 o'clock shower which lasts about 10 mins if that. It's usually a good size storm (usually just a quick downpour) but it gives a nice little relief in the heat. You should be fine for the proposal during Fantasmic! since it's at night. Just pack a poncho or buy the ones at the park (yellow with Mickey on them for $8). Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you when you get back.

mightduck748

Original Poster
Thanks I was scared. I was thinking its like in So. Cal. when it says it will be Isolated it pours for a long time uselly night. I hope it wont mess up my plans.

ToTBellHop

sometimes it rains at night...like last night it started raining during Fantasmic...some days it doesn't rain...some days it rains for a couple hours...some days are a washout...every day is hot!

figmentfan

Hot, Hot, and Hot!

I just came back from Disney couple of days ago, it was hot. And it didn't rain. But, the rainy season just begun, so you probably will see some downpours or storms when you are at Disney. Prepare for the heat.

Frees Fan

Right...If you're caught in a shower, just seek cover and wait. If you pack up and decide to leave, by the time you get to the monorail, the sun will be back out again.

scott-fl

Just pack a poncho or buy the ones at the park (yellow with Mickey on them for $8). [/B]

The mickey ponchos are no longer yellow, but rather clear. The adult size retails for $6 and the child size $5

civileng68

Account Suspended
hot

Hot as the man downstairs.

Seriously!

PS: Bring spare underwear and socks to the park to change. I even take a spare tshirt.

The every day storms are just now starting. It is still inconsistent so you may just well have dry days. It's getting wetter everyday though.

However, it's a shower and go type thing. It's sunny 30 minutes later.

pilka214

oh a little hint try your best to avoid the long outdoor que lines if u stay in the air conditioned lines, you wont think its hot out. it really helps. and also it hardly ever rains at night in fl. mabye 1 times out of 10 normally its mid-day and never really long. (cept last night with hail and tornado warnings).

lesm2425

i Just got back this morning from florida, 8 hr flight to the uk.

The weather over the last 3 weeks when i was over was very hot and humid.

the got the first rain for 3 weeks when we floo out.

if you are in lines stay in the shade and dont wear dark colours.

les m

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by lesm2425
i Just got back this morning from florida, 8 hr flight to the uk.

The weather over the last 3 weeks when i was over was very hot and humid.

the got the first rain for 3 weeks when we floo out.

if you are in lines stay in the shade and dont wear dark colours.

les m

Were you not out every day? It definitely rained on May 19th...for about 3-4 hours. Never rained May 20-25 though:)

BenS

All I know is in July it's very odd for it not to rain everyday. (There was an afternoon shower (10-15 minutes) everyday when I was there) It does help clear up some of the summer humidity though.

aimster

Originally posted by WDWScottieBoy
When they say isolated thunderstorms, they just mean the almost everyday 3 o'clock shower which lasts about 10 mins if that. It's usually a good size storm (usually just a quick downpour) but it gives a nice little relief in the heat.

Actually, the rain doesn't provide much relief from the heat. It makes it humid as all get out. So bad it's nearly impossible to breathe.

I've lived in Florida for about 5 years now and the raincan last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. It'll then sometimes clear up for awhile and then rain again maybe 2 hours later. Other times it just rains once or not even at all.

Today in my neck of the woods when I woke up this morning it was sunny. A few hours later it was pouring. After that the sun came out again, then it rained again. The sun came out again, but now it looks like it's going to possibly rain once more as it's looking overcast. Ugh... I hate this! Summers can be too wet down here. I'd actually take a drought and wildfires over rain almost 7 days a week. I have a feeling I'm going to be very cranky again this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom