What is this?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Okay so your comment was certainly not explicit, I don't know why you're being sarcastic you can't seem to figure out the definition of 'explicit.' Not trying to be rude man, but that's actually very ignorant which is something Epcot should not promote, it shiuld promote celebration of all cultures *especially* (or at least including) those that we are less familiar with. Third world countries still have cultures, you know :/
Pitch me your idea for a Mozambique pavilion.

Egypt would honestly be perfect for both. Egyptian culture is at the hallmark of civilzation and would be fantastically represented in Epcot (think the pyramids... that would be cool.) Also, it would be a great way for DAK to introduce more North African/Arabian biotypes. They are a really cool mixture of African and west Asian fauna.
Egypt would fit nicely. But now we're deviating from the Eastern / Sub-Saharan conversation that started this whole digression.

Mike730

giphy.gif

BlakeW39

If I wanted more African representation at Epcot, I'd nominate either Mali or Ethiopia, or maybe something more obscure like Namibia or Botswana. As for other countries not yet represented at World Showcase I'd also nominate Australia, Cambodia, and Thailand.

Omg. Your ideas are perfect lol. Mali, Ethiopia... and the last unrelated three. South Africa could be cool, the Zulu empire and recent social issues in the country.

CalebS

Egypt would honestly be perfect for both. Egyptian culture is at the hallmark of civilzation and would be fantastically represented in Epcot (think the pyramids... that would be cool.) Also, it would be a great way for DAK to introduce more North African/Arabian biotypes. They are a really cool mixture of African and west Asian fauna.
I agree. The pyramids would also lend itself well towards a ride perhaps involving an ancient mummy that comes back to life or just a simple ride viewing the area and their culture

Bokunick

And exactly why Epcot should have some Africa. Maybe a knowledge of and indulgement in these great cultures would help to broaden these people's views.
Wich African Country do you want to see ? To make one African pavilions will be the same as hole Europe in one pavilion. You agree that the German , English , France. Norway pavilion are very different ? Wat is THE African culture ? Marokko is Afrika but I think you don’t mean that kind of Afrika.

BlakeW39

I agree. The pyramids would also lend itself well towards a ride perhaps involving an ancient mummy that comes back to life or just a simple ride viewing the area and their culture

Yes. Although since Showcase has so many dark rides, a ride which shows us Egyptian culture and then mythos would be great with some thrill element. Presuming you mean Epcot.

BlakeW39

Wich African Country do you want to see ? To make one African pavilions will be the same as hole Europe in one pavilion. You agree that the German , English , France. Norway pavilion are very different ? Wat is THE African culture ? Marokko is Afrika but I think you don’t mean that kind of Afrika.

There is no specific culture of Africa, Africa is massive. As a previous poster stated, Ethiopia would he great, Mali... they could do Nigeria, South Africa... just something representing such a diverse and massive region. Morocco is Africa but we were talking about sub Saharan Africa which would not include Morocco, Egypt, etc.

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
There should be some better sub-Saharan African representation. America has the least understanding of this massive region, and since Epcot is supposed to celebrate culture, this is one that would probably represent Epcot's themes best in terms pf inspiration and learning a truly new culture.

Oh, what about an Egypt Pavilion? That'd be so cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom