What is the story with D23 Fanniversary?

Mermaids

Original Poster
Has anyone heard any news about the D23 Fanniversary celebrations this spring (2012)? I joined D23 this year and am SO looking forward to attending in Boston. (as the event planner shows, will be one of the cities visited) The Fanniversary was first scheduled for March 2012, but after checking everyday, I noticed it was moved to April 2012. Client Services simply said the tickets were not available yet when I inquired. Do tickets to D23 events typically go on sale close to the event date? I'm wondering since this one in scheduled in 6 different cities it may be a more complex procedure to order tickets?? (maybe thats the hold up?) Anyway you look at it, I would love to know the actual date sooner than later in the city I want to attend (Boston) and have tickets in hand, ya know? One More Disney day and it will March already! Geesh! :lookaroun

Mermaids

Original Poster
Who's going to Boston Fanniversary?

Woo Hoo! I'm registered for Boston tickets! Anyone else going? Boston or elsewhere? I'm excited, this will be my first D23 experience!:D

wilkeliza

Insidethemagic is reporting that D23 took the ticket buying links down while they work on the IT issue.

I was able to get tickets for the 8pm NYC event. I'm so excited. This is my first "real" D23 event and not just free movie tickets.

216bruce

About D23 events: I've been to two so far- The Expo this past August in Anaheim and, just this week, the "Journey to Marceline". They were polar opposites. While the Anaheim Expo was huge, slick and overwhelming, the "Journey" was intimate, personable and pretty much perfect. The Expo had soooo much to do and sooo much content and sooooo many people that it was like eating too much candy. The journey was a day-trip to a small town where there was no competition for a spot in a ridiculous line, no rushing and time to talk and learn about Walt and to just enjoy.
The Fanniversary sounds like it will be a mini-expo. Presentations, displays, video's etc. Ultimately, it's what the members make of it. If everyone is 'nice' it will be great. You certainly can't beat the price. I can assure you that you'll get your moneys-worth. Just be prepared for some pushing and shoving if there is 'stuff' for sale.

Mermaids

Original Poster
Thank you for the insight 216bruce! I think this event will be somewhere inbetween the expo's and the intimate journey you took. Since the venues for the Fanniversary celebrations are somewhat small compared to the expo venues. Boston's Fanniversary is in The Museum of Fine Arts. Thanks for the prep tho! I will be ready for a crowd! :wave: I hope everyone is indeed nice, like you said, and it should be a great party!

ddbowdoin

Thank you for the insight 216bruce! I think this event will be somewhere inbetween the expo's and the intimate journey you took. Since the venues for the Fanniversary celebrations are somewhat small compared to the expo venues. Boston's Fanniversary is in The Museum of Fine Arts. Thanks for the prep tho! I will be ready for a crowd! :wave: I hope everyone is indeed nice, like you said, and it should be a great party!

I say if we can get a small crowd together some drinks should be had after! Always looking to meet some new faces. I'll be there with my fiance, I've converted her to the dark side!

Mermaids

Original Poster
I say if we can get a small crowd together some drinks should be had after! Always looking to meet some new faces. I'll be there with my fiance, I've converted her to the dark side!

Hmmm... Where is the closest Spiked Dole Whip Float in proximity to the MFA? :D Sounds fun! I will be there with my BF, whom I have TRIED to convert...he just pretends he doesn't love it, but I know he really does!

ddbowdoin

Hmmm... Where is the closest Spiked Dole Whip Float in proximity to the MFA? :D Sounds fun! I will be there with my BF, whom I have TRIED to convert...he just pretends he doesn't love it, but I know he really does!

we'll have to pretend... no dole whips in our city! damnnnnn you boston!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom