What is the key to a successful attraction?

What is the key to a successful attraction?

• Total voters

GenerationX

Original Poster
If you were an Imagineer and created attractions for a living, which factor listed in the poll would you deem the most important? Put another way: whether the attraction was an A, B, C, D, or E ticket, what would you always include in your design?

I'll explain my choice later. What is your rationale for your choice?

CaptainMichael

I'm not seeing a poll, but a good attraction, regardless of what letter it is, requires the following things:

*An excellent story.
*Great Theming.
*Repeat Value.
*Originality.
*Universal Appeal

Connor002

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm not seeing a poll, but a good attraction, regardless of what letter it is, requires the following things:

*An excellent story.
*Great Theming.
*Repeat Value.
*Originality.
*Universal Appeal

*prefreably made by disney:animwink:

Rcoaster809

I voted that it needs a good story line. If I could vote for two I would say theming and story. The story will keep the attraction flowing and provide a basis for everything else. The detailed theming makes guests believe the story.

I hate to bring Stitch up again, but the story line is what ruined that attraction for me. I thought the theming was well done.

Connor002

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, if I am an Imaginneer, I'm working for Disney. Correct?

am i talking to an actuall imagineer?

if so could you put in a good word for me in 2015
or whenever i could get a job

i'm imaginative, and i plan to go to school for engineering, it fits, see, it fits :lol: :)

CaptainMichael

Connor002 said:
am i talking to an actuall imagineer?

if so could you put in a good word for me in 2015
or whenever i could get a job

i'm imaginative, and i plan to go to school for engineering, it fits, see, it fits :lol: :)
Nope, sorry! I'd only be good at brainstorming and coming up with ideas and visuals. Plus, I'm only a college freshman.

The original question asked what would you do IF you were an imagineer.

Connor002

hypothetical question, right

oh well,

maybe that 2nd cousin will get a job and he'll be able to help me be my dream...

*note to self: be nice to that cousin*

:)

CaptainMichael

Connor002 said:
hypothetical question, right

oh well,

maybe that 2nd cousin will get a job and he'll be able to help me be my dream...

*note to self: be nice to that cousin*

:)
Well, I wish I was an Imagineer. Then I would know why that blasted dragon is still on the Animal Kingdom logo!

speck76

GenerationX's Poll said:
Appeals to a wide audience
Has careful attention to theming and details
Uses a particular means to tell the story
Has a cohesive story
Educates while it entertains
Has a satisfying conclusion
Makes good use of beloved characters/music
Contains maximum THRILLS!

It is probably no one single thing.....but a mix....and depends on the "purpose" of the attraction.

Not all attractions are supposed to be blockbusters that become instant classics and are loved by all.

I.M.Fearless

I'm having trouble picking just one as well. However, you asked for most important, so I'm going to say extensive theming. I mean, wouldn't you enjoy a rollercoaster through a detailed volcano more than one just plain, whether or not it has a story? Just saying, but you oughta see my RollerCoaster Tycoon rides. Each ride (even the flat rides) take me at least an hour (several for track rides), most of which is used for scenery.

Damien666

There are two things I look for.

1. A good story. It's what makes Splash Mountain rock and SGE bomb (In a very bad way).

2.Theming and details. From pretty much everything from MGM's TOT. The story and theming is just fantastic. While DCA's TOT lacks the theming that MGM's has.

Testtrack321

Big one nobody has mentioned.....

1.) Works well with other attractions. If they put Winnie the Pooh in Frontierland, they probably won't get half the crowds as they have in Fantasyland. Each ride must work with others in the area to create a story, or if it's a pavilion or isolated ride, it must contain elements for everyone (wether that be the ride itself, the outlining area, themeing, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom