What is the hoop-dee-do

pager

Original Poster
Simple question just trying to do some ap's soon and just had to ask if this is worth it to go to for a couple on their honeymoon.

RonAnnArbor

Hoop-de-doo is a willdly popular musical hoedown that takes place over at the Fort Wilderness Lodge - reservations required. It is an audience participation dancing, singing, joking, one-lining, kind of thing CRAWLING with families with little kids. They DO single out audience members for participation, and there are often honeymooners there. Your enjoyment will be directly proportional to your willingness to play along with the cast, be the center of jokes and attention, and your tolerance of embarassment. I was dragged to this by family members, and vowed never to return, as I personally hate the audience participation stuff. There was an anniversary couple singled out for ridicule the night we were there. They seemed to just absolutely be having the time of their lives. I spent most of the evening trying to keep the 7 year old next to me from touching me, he was so excited to be there.

timkelmom

If you search for Hoop-de-Doo on previous threads, I think you will find a lot of info as it has been discussed here many times before.

tigsmom

RonAnnArbor said:
Hoop-de-doo is a willdly popular musical hoedown that takes place over at the Fort Wilderness Lodge - reservations required. It is an audience participation dancing, singing, joking, one-lining, kind of thing CRAWLING with families with little kids. They DO single out audience members for participation, and there are often honeymooners there. Your enjoyment will be directly proportional to your willingness to play along with the cast, be the center of jokes and attention, and your tolerance of embarassment. I was dragged to this by family members, and vowed never to return, as I personally hate the audience participation stuff. There was an anniversary couple singled out for ridicule the night we were there. They seemed to just absolutely be having the time of their lives. I spent most of the evening trying to keep the 7 year old next to me from to touching me, he was so excited to be there.

Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are two separate resorts, though they are close by and people mix them up all the time!

The Hoop De Doo takes place at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness. Its a dinner show with an old western saloon hall type of show. Cute songs, corny jokes and yummy food...its a whole lot of fun! There is audience participation and you may just get to go up on stage and perform. :eek:

There are quite a few thread here about it and a quick search will bring them up. Check out this page from allearsnet for info & reviews. :wave:

Click Here

Nemo14

I'll be there in 19 more days (Feb 22nd) with a group of family members - in-laws and out-laws. Can't wait!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom