What is the first thing you do when arriving?

marynorth

OK, only 33 days until we arrive. In the meantime, we are purchasing my dreamhouse in my dream-neighborhood, but that takes a backseat to my anticipation over arriving at WDW with my DH and two darling children! I love to plan with my 6 year old just what we'll do first when we arrive. We have decided that we'll take the boat to the MK from WL and hop the train to acclimate my almost 3 year old son. We'll exit at Mickey's toontown and let him absorb it slowly, maybe try him on Goofy's Barnstormer (he just makes the height cutoff). Then we're off! We don't like a stringent plan, we just float where the Disney gods take us!

So what do y'all like to do when you first arrive?

waltdisny

First thing we do is take a group picture by the Indian on Main Street. I have a string of these running back to when I was a kid. We keep them in a special album. It's fun to look back year by year and see our family grow.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Well, we used to do Liberty Tree Tavern, but last year we broke that one and ate there later in the week (and we're doing the same this year too). So I next best first thing to do once we get setting into the resort is to get some hot dogs and fries at Casey's Corner.

Upvote 0

dsnygeek

We always arrive on a Sunday afternoon, so after arrival we go to the Contemporary and eat dinner at Chef Mickeys and then head over to MK for BTM & Splash then watch the fireworks. It has become a ritual for every trip.

Upvote 0

Journey

:lol: First thing I really do is check the amount of towels! Families need towels!!

The next is explore the resort ! WL is a wonderful place to explore!

Now, when you get to the parks, I think you choose well in picking Toontown for the 3 yr old.
Thats where I started with my just turned 4 yr old, and she loved everything!
Including Barnstormer!! One evening just before closing, the cast member let us stay on for 3 rides, it was awesome.. I taught her to hold her hands up and she is Still thrilled with that ride..

Just have fun, that's the most important part, and don't forget to make some wishes!

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

ha! ours is kinda boring compared to everybody elses. We drive to Disney because its cheaper so we arrive on a sunday morning. We check in and see if our rooms are ready and if they are, we unload the van and unpack then head off to get some breakfast or lunch (depending on the time and if we stopped for breakfast on the way) and then we head off to the marketplace for some shopping. We don't hit the parks until the day after we are there to rest up from the long trip to disney. We prefer to go to the parks when they open and spend the whole day there rather than come to the parks in the middle of the day and not get our money's worth.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We drive down too, so we usually get there around 3:00p.m. and check in. Then we go play mini-golf and after that we go eat at whatever resort we are staying at.

The first thing at the parks is stand at the far end of Main Street and listen to my husband say "Look at the Castle everybody!!" We take it all in for a few seconds and then...off to Adventureland!!!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

When we arrive we always try to take a little nap (since we get up at 3am to catch the first flight out of Philly) but usually it ends up with us laying there in anticipation. Then we head straight to the MK because it doesn't hit us that we're there till we get that first glimpse of the castle. First night rituals must include seeing Spectro and Wishes!

98 days to go! :wave:

Upvote 0

shari71

We used to check-in and immediately put on the resort TV and hum a little. Since the change to Krassa (or Chrassa) last year we now need to come up with a new opener for the vacation.

Upvote 0

cindy_k

You know your kiddie best, but you may want to skip the Barnstormer and start with a calmer ride for the first one. Buzz Lightyear is fun or maybe the people mover.
I took my then 5 year old son on Barnstormer first and he didn't like it because it was too fast. He then didn't want to go on any of the other rides, based on that one experience.
Again this is my experience, your son may love the ride.

To answer the original question, we usually go eat in a park. By the time we have gotten off the plane, through the airport, and checked into the hotel, its after lunch time and we haven't eaten.

Have a fun trip! :D

Upvote 0

LuckyBug

The first thing we do when we arrive at the park, Magic Kingdom of course, is head directly to the Haunted Mansion!!!!!!!

Then it's off to Fantasy Land!!

Upvote 0

scorp111

On our upcoming trip.... we will arrive just after midnight, so we will sleep!

But when we wake up....

Off to DTD, have to activate our AP vouchers, eat lunch, and then head to the WL to check-in. Then we will have dinner at Chef Mickey's before swimming in the hotel pool and catching the Elec Water Pageant....

But really haven't put much thought into it.... :lol:

Upvote 0

bayoutiger

We usually fly in late afternoon, check in, have dinner (Chef Mickey's or somewhere like that) and then ride the monorail around parks. Get ready to hit the ground running the next day.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

We stay at the Poly so after unpacking we always take a ride (going around only once) on the resort monorail and eat at Jiko's for a special meal the first night.
As for the parks we always go to MK first. We make a beeline for Adventureland and go on Jungle Cruise. This year we are breaking with tradition because I fell in love with Space Mountain and that will be our first ride on our first day there.
I can't wait. 4 more days :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom