What is the best restaurant?

kcnole

Original Poster
So we're going to be down that way before long and I'm curious as to what the best restaurants to eat at whether in the parks at citywalk or our hotel (Royal Pacific). So I know about all the great restaurants at Disney, but what restaurants should we check out at Universal?

typhoonguy

kcnole said:
So we're going to be down that way before long and I'm curious as to what the best restaurants to eat at whether in the parks at citywalk or our hotel (Royal Pacific). So I know about all the great restaurants at Disney, but what restaurants should we check out at Universal?
Mythos. The only word you need to remember.

DigitalDisney

Depends on how much time you want to spend and what you're looking for...

IOA really has the best restaurants. Even if you don't eat there, you need to at least walk through Thunder Falls Terrace and The Burger Digs.

Thunder Falls Terrace has an outstanding interior, and the exterior seating area is right next to the JPRA drop. From my experience, the food there has been pretty good too. I used to get great chicken wings on skewers w/garlic bread, corn on the cob, and one other side (I think?)

Burger Digs has standard food, but it easily has the best view in the whole park. The outside eating area is in the 2nd floor of the JP Visitor's Center, and you get an elevated view of the entire park.

I've also had reasonable luck at Cafe 4 in MSHI. It's got pizza/pasta/sandwiches (good, but nothing outstanding), but you get all the excitement of MSHI. If the characters are out, you'll know. You'll hear the Hulk roar by every time. You'll also get to listen to a different version of the island's awesome soundtrack.

As far as USF goes, I've exclusively eaten at Louie's in New York. It's just something my family and I have always done. I ate at the Monsters Cafe once, and wasn't too impressed with it. That's about it...

typhoonguy

kcnole said:
I've heard Mythos mentioned several times. What is this restaurant like?
\

Nice view and good food. It sits next to Poseiden and has a good view of the entire lake. It's got little waterfalls in it and kind of feels like it was carved out of a cave. The food is great and the service is pretty good too. It has received many awards for best theme park restaraunt.

JROK

kcnole said:
I've heard Mythos mentioned several times. What is this restaurant like?

Mythos is a great sit-down restaurant along the lines of Cheesecake Factory or so... GREAT food, maybe a little pricey... Worth a look at their menu though...

I also like Hardrock Cafe for a nice lunch. Their pulled pork sandwich is pretty tasty...

Emeril's is pretty darn good as well, but it's expensive. For my girlfriend and I to eat there for our anniversary it was nearly $100 after the tip! That's just for two people! But the food was good!!!

In IOA I suggest:
- Mythos
- Burger Digs
- Terrace Falls

In USF I suggest:
- Louis' Pizza
- Richter Burgers
- La Bamba (by horror makeup show)
- Monster Cafe

It really all depends on what you're looking for... quick bite... sit down... and your prices... but these listed should be good for any category you see fit...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im a big fan of Margaritaville, at IOA i like Confisco Grille. At the studios we tend to gravitate toward Louie's Italian Restaurant or Mels Diner.

I hope to try Bubba Gump Shrimp this summer

jozzmenia

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Im a big fan of Margaritaville, at IOA i like Confisco Grille. At the studios we tend to gravitate toward Louie's Italian Restaurant or Mels Diner.

I hope to try Bubba Gump Shrimp this summer

I've been to the Bubba Gump's in chicago. pretty tasty.

we went into confisco grille on our last trip. we just weren't that impressed with the menu, so we left without ordering. (not in a rude way, we kindly informed our waitress that we were leaving). also, the other restaurant's, like Louie's and Mel's seem to have gone downhill since the all-u-can-eat program was implemented. Reminds me of a high school cafeteria now. i wouldn't eat there again. I can get that type of food back home.

we missed our emeril's reservation (due to the neverending timeshare presentation we went to) and also weren't hungry enough to try mythos, but we plan on trying both on the next trip. we were going to emeril's for lunch. I dont have any recommendaions though because on the last trip we were stupid and got the all-u-can-eat thing, which limited our options, although i vaguely recall eating at lombard's on a previous trip and it was good.

DON'T GET THE ALL U CAN EAT!! I was warned in advance and should have heeded the warning. I mean really, it's about like this to get the value: breakfast - burger and fries and dessert; lunch - chicken strips and fries with dessert; dinner - bad quality alfredo and dessert.

now if u MUST do it, i reccommend the burgers with fries, not onion rings; chicken strips; and chicken parmesan. i tried a lot of items because my boyfriend did it too and we sampled each others food. those 3 were the best things.

this plan is for people who can eat a ton of crap food all day long.

NemoRocks78

Seized
IOA: Mythos, Enchanted Oak Tavern (VERY underrated I'd say), Cafe 4
USF: Louie's (the BEST pizza), Richter's Burger Co., Monsters Cafe
CW: Margaritaville (never had a better burger), Hard Rock, Emeril's

nyy102

Like many have said before, if its IOA, its Mythos. As for USF, I would say Richter's, but I don't think any food there is that amazing. When it comes to CityWalk, I love the HRC (get the Wings around the World), and Margaritaville (Cheeseburger in Paradise) was real good too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom