What is going on at DAK? Update: Everything is OK.

Movielover

Was enough smoke to impact I-4

I didn't realize the higher ups were in town...
1524923535204.png

They have to use all that parking fee revenue somehow...
;)

Goofyernmost

Hopefully, that is not Disney property. They would seem pretty hypocritical if they were intentionally creating pollution after all the hype about how responsible they are when it comes to the planet. Can't do much about outside sources, but, they surely do not have to be doing it themselves. I guess it's hard to burn a swamp, but, once you get it started it may be something that cannot be put out, like the coal mines in Pennsylvania.

Bolt

Hopefully, that is not Disney property. They would seem pretty hypocritical if they were intentionally creating pollution after all the hype about how responsible they are when it comes to the planet. Can't do much about outside sources, but, they surely do not have to be doing it themselves. I guess it's hard to burn a swamp, but, once you get it started it may be something that cannot be put out, like the coal mines in Pennsylvania.
They’re burning land to build new neighborhoods in Winter Garden, which aren’t Disney. That’s what Horizon West is.

0F8BC457-8BAE-401F-88FF-38ED41755AD8.jpeg

jayhawkmickey

You should see Kansas in the spring. The ranchers out west burn thousands of acres of grassland to rejuvenate the flint hills for grazing. Nature used to do it naturally but now it’s managed by man. We got smoke a hundred miles to the east in KC a few weeks ago so bad it looked like LA in the summer. Maybe Florida is the same???

Goofyernmost

You should see Kansas in the spring. The ranchers out west burn thousands of acres of grassland to rejuvenate the flint hills for grazing. Nature used to do it naturally but now it’s managed by man. We got smoke a hundred miles to the east in KC a few weeks ago so bad it looked like LA in the summer. Maybe Florida is the same???
It seems like at least 100 years ago it was determined that burning off fields was one of the causes of the dust bowl not to mention the lack of enriching the soil. Do we never learn anything. Plow it under it becomes mulch (i.e. fertilizer)

I'm sure it is happening in Florida as well. Business knows it is cheaper to burn it off then to do the right thing. I'm almost glad to be old so I won't be around to see the earth destroyed by human ignorance and entitlement. I do worry about my grandchildren though.

peter11435

It seems like at least 100 years ago it was determined that burning off fields was one of the causes of the dust bowl not to mention the lack of enriching the soil. Do we never learn anything. Plow it under it becomes mulch (i.e. fertilizer)

I'm sure it is happening in Florida as well. Business knows it is cheaper to burn it off then to do the right thing. I'm almost glad to be old so I won't be around to see the earth destroyed by human ignorance and entitlement. I do worry about my grandchildren though.
Lot of misinformation in this one

Goofyernmost

Lot of misinformation in this one
OK, so enlighten me! I hate people that make statements and don't back them up with either fact or opinion. Are you saying that they don't burn off stuff that pollutes the atmosphere or that they are right to do it. Or are you saying, something that is already explained that it isn't Disney. I accept that it isn't Disney, so all I can say is what are you debating?

ppete1975

not sure what disney is doing. But controlled burning is healthy, natural and necessary. Forests used to burn all the time from lightning and refreshed the forests. Some trees dont even release seeds until temps only seen with fire. The issue we have with fires today is our property gets in the way. There is no pollution minus tires or other things that might get in the way.

Bolt

not sure what disney is doing. But controlled burning is healthy, natural and necessary. Forests used to burn all the time from lightning and refreshed the forests. Some trees dont even release seeds until temps only seen with fire. The issue we have with fires today is our property gets in the way. There is no pollution minus tires or other things that might get in the way.
Just a reminder, Disney isn’t doing the burning. It’s residential land NEAR Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom