What is Disney Quest and Wide World of Sports all about?

JENA_le

Is Disney Quest something I need to devote a lot of time to? Is it more of just an arcade or is it more of an actual indoor theme park? Once you get in with your ticket, are games/rides free?

Is the Wide World of Sports complex, just that, a sports complex for games and tournaments.... or is it some type of actual Disney attraction, that I should take my family to, since we will have the 'waterparks and more' option on our tickets? Is it located close to Downtown Disney?

Thanks ahead of time, for any info. Although I have been to WDW (once as a child and once as an adult) I never got to experience much outside of the main theme parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney Quest would be akin to a Dave and Busters save for the fact that the food at DQ would be equivalent to the average quick service location in the parks and the games are not quite as advanced as the Wii in your living room. I would not go to DQ again until the place was completely gutted and redone. If it was raining and I had an entitlement that would otherwise go to waste I might go there again.

Like you said, the Wild World of Sports is a sports complex designed for tournaments, events, etc. There is no reason to go there unless you are involved in one of the competitions or events there.

Upvote 0

Drenhopkins

Jana le - Master Yoda got your answers. Disney Quest (waste of money).

Sonds like your planning a trip? If so, I hope you enjoy your trip. Don't overload yourself to try to do everything. Enjoy your stay and memories.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

DisneyQuest is OK is you have the "and more" option and you have nothing else to do, or it is raining.

It is good for killing an hour or two. I would not pay extra to go in. There are a few "interesting" (I won't say advanced) games, and the rest are just run of the mill arcade games. They are free though once you get in, as you said.

WWoS does have a restaruant that is on the DDP. There is no reason to go to it unless you are there anyway, but it does exist. It is a lot of fields and buildings. It is a really nice complex, but unless you are there for an event there is no reason to go (and no way to get there without a car)

-dave

Upvote 0

JENA_le

Original Poster
Jana le - Master Yoda got your answers. Disney Quest (waste of money).

Sonds like your planning a trip? If so, I hope you enjoy your trip. Don't overload yourself to try to do everything. Enjoy your stay and memories.
Yeah, I am planning a trip but may not happen for another 1.5 to 2 years. Just curious how everything works. I have never purchased tix in advance. We do plan on doing as much as possible, but I am making sure we have enough days set up to have time to relax as well. Thanks for the tip.

DisneyQuest is OK is you have the "and more" option and you have nothing else to do, or it is raining.

It is good for killing an hour or two. I would not pay extra to go in. There are a few "interesting" (I won't say advanced) games, and the rest are just run of the mill arcade games. They are free though once you get in, as you said.

WWoS does have a restaruant that is on the DDP. There is no reason to go to it unless you are there anyway, but it does exist. It is a lot of fields and buildings. It is a really nice complex, but unless you are there for an event there is no reason to go (and no way to get there without a car)

-dave
Yes, we will have the wtaerparks and more option, so that is why I am asking about these two Disney options. Since we will be traveling with our 2 younger boys, I think they will really enjoy Disney Quest, and I will enjoy not having to dish out qaurters for them to play all the games (thanks for that info.)
DQ sounds like it will be perfect for some evening entertainment after dinner on some of our laid back evenings during our trip.

Thanks for the WWoS info too. Guess we will have to revisit one of the other options, if time permits, to fully make use of our tickets. :D

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, we will have the wtaerparks and more option, so that is why I am asking about these two Disney options. Since we will be traveling with our 2 younger boys, I think they will really enjoy Disney Quest, and I will enjoy not having to dish out qaurters for them to play all the games (thanks for that info.)
DQ sounds like it will be perfect for some evening entertainment after dinner on some of our laid back evenings during our trip.

Thanks for the WWoS info too. Guess we will have to revisit one of the other options, if time permits, to fully make use of our tickets. :D
One thing you will want to be aware of is how little your kids are. Two of the attractions there have the highest height restriction, 51", of any attraction in WDW. If they are over that then you should not have an issue. If they are smaller than that 2 of the best attractions, Virtual Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters, will be off limits.

Upvote 0

JENA_le

Original Poster
One thing you will want to be aware of is how little your kids are. Two of the attractions there have the highest height restriction, 51", of any attraction in WDW. If they are over that then you should not have an issue. If they are smaller than that 2 of the best attractions, Virtual Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters, will be off limits.
Well, one of them will be happy. :D
The other still has a year and a half to grow another foot. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom