What if there's a storm during MNSSHP

D0nald

Hello everybody...
Just one question...
I just bought my tickets for the Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party, for September, 18th, which will be our only possibility to attend the party...
My question is...What happens if that evening there's a big storm, a hurricane, a severe weather report, or something similiar...or may be not that big...just a simple thunderstorm the whole evening....Can Disney cancel the event?...I presume that they do cancel the parade, the fireworks, and the live shows...so...what do we have left?...just the "trick or treat" ?!?!!?....
Does anybody know what happens with circunstances like these?...Are the tickets refundable?...(I think same thing could happen with Mickey Verry Merry Christmas Parade)
Thanks for your help and advices

KnK

Having been on several occasions when it has rained....once a huge down pour.

They have never canceled the party. The fireworks got delayed and we had a trimmed down first version of the parade but the second one everything.

One year they did offer a free ticket to one park on a future visit. They do not give refunds.

Upvote 0

Disney05

We went two years ago. No huge storm but it did rain quit a lot during MNSSHP. The trick or treating went on. The fireworks, which was awesome, went on (it stopped raining long enough for that). The only thing canceled was the villain's mix and mingle show.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Storms

As others have said, the show goes on. We were at the World during
Tropical Storm Fay and the parks were open and functioning. It's a rare day
Disney closes down due to weather. Actually, my family had a blast, especially during the morning hours, people stayed away while we had the run of the park with our Mickey poncho's and big smiles. :ROFLOL: :wave:

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

When it rains most of the time nothing will be canceled. Parades and fireworks maybe delayed but it is rare for them not be performed. The Meet & Greets may be moved to sheltered areas. Once a couple of years ago we did go and had it rain the entire night on us. The parades were canceled but they did still do the fireworks. We did get our money back for the night though so not a total washout :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If the park is open, the MNSSHP will still be "held". However, if they have to seriously curtail the events, I.E. no parade, no fireworks, etc they may compensate in some manner, which may include giving a comp ticket for a later date. However, they won't do this automatically, and you would most likely need to ask at guest services. As a PP said, one year it was torrential downpours, and I believe they canceled both parades and the fireworks along with all the shows, which really just left trick or treating. In that case they did offer comp tickets. However, when we last did it, it was raining pretty bad on and off, they had to cancel later showings of the Villains Mix and Mingle, and the second parade was a modified version, but nothing was offered.
Pretty much if the park is open, they won't offer you anything.

Upvote 0

kverdon

We did MNSSHP in Sept 2007 and it POURED, with a wicked Thunder and Lightning storm as well. The rain started at 7pm and in minutes water was ankle deep in Main Street. They cancelled the first parade and delayed the fireworks until just before the second parade. Even with that, they were not able to do the fireworks in the round as there was not enough time to get the folks back out to the fireworks caches due to the lightning strikes. Due to the rain, the Headless Horseman was also not part of the parade.

Being Oregonians and somewhat used to rain :) we decided to stick it out in the rain and go trick or treating. This turned out to be a good plan as the lightning was also playing havoc with the park knocking out power to Haunted Mansion, TTA and some other attractions at various time during the evening. This made things miserable for allot of folks who had fled inside to the attractions to try and escape the rain only to find themselves stuck for hours in the queue.

Since the evening was such a bust, Disney made our MNSSHP party tickets usable as a single day admission pass to the Magic Kingdom, valid for a year.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Hurricane Ivan

We were in Disney for Hurricane Ivan in 2004..There were sandbags on all the doors of the hotel and the staff was prepared..we were scheduled to leave the day it was supposed to hit and had a hard time getting out of the airport (rented a car and drove home), but as far as I know it was business as usual until things get nasty..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom