What if a park was to close?

ajb_tic_tac

Original Poster
I have seen many posts where people have guessed at what new park would be built, its themeing and what rides it would have.

Just as a bit of fun. Pretened one of the Theme Parks had to close at WDW but all the rides and attractions could be moved to one other park. Which park would you close and where would you place their main attractions?

I think if a park had to close I would choose MGM but I am still working out where to put its rides.

metscool

How could you think that way. :eek:

The one park that would go would be AK and EE would go to Epcot and a new land would open there Asia. Then It's Tough to be a Bug would go were Honey is in Epcot. That is all the rides that I would keep. The animal would go to zoos all around the world.

CoffeeJedi

The one park that would go would be AK and EE would go to Epcot and a new land would open there Asia.
:confused:
You realize Asia is a continent, right? And that World Showcase deals in countries, 2 of which, Japan and China, are already representing Asia? Now if you mean a Tibetan pavillion, ok.

All in all, this is a very weird topic, i'm not really sure what the point is.

PintoColvig

With the downturn that the travel industry experienced after 9-11, is it really inconceivable that a park could close? Another 9-11 type terrorist attack or two in the U.S. and the industry could face a nightmare situation.

As far as this thread is concerned, I for one am intrigued by this topic and there's no real harm in discussing it. We've all probably thought one attraction or another would fit better in another place.

I would close MGM. Though there are parts that I like, it's the one that seems to be struggling the most with its mission.

I would move Star Tours (with updated film!) to TL. I'd send the Muppets to the Imagination Pavillion. I would retheme RnRC and find a place for it in Epcot somewhere. You'd almost have to do the same for ToT but insert it into MK as a new Toon Town attraction (though that would probably kill the experience of the ride as we know it. One Man's Dream would head to the Exposition Hall in Town Square. The rest wouldn't make the cut.

Oh, and I would dig a big deep hole, throw Sounds Dangerous into it, cover it up and forget the location. :D

crlachepinochet

:confused:
You realize Asia is a continent, right? And that World Showcase deals in countries, 2 of which, Japan and China, are already representing Asia? Now if you mean a Tibetan pavillion, ok.

All in all, this is a very weird topic, i'm not really sure what the point is.
No Tibetan pavilion as long as there's a Chinese one and Disney is counting on growing their business there...

EE could still probably be moved to China, though. Not that I'd close AK. I think MGM is the worst off of the four parks.

Chape19714

Well...that's one mighty odd Idea, but I'd say close MGM, and the following rides would be moved:

ToT-Retheamed and put in World Showcase
RnRC-Re-theamed as Rocet Mountain for MK.
Fantasmic-Rivers of America
One Man's Dream-Expo Hall on Main Street
MuppetVision-Gone (doesn't fit at Epcot, and no park needs 2 3D films.)
StarTours-New film and put in Stitch's place
Indania Jones-Ride made and put near Jungle Cruise
LMAX-gone
GMR-Epcot as planned
Votlm-Ariel's Grotto

That's about it, playhouse Disney could easily fit with Epcot, perhaps as a honey replacement.

It's an odd way to think, but that's my thoughts.

Epcot82Guy

Well, this is odd, but I can see the fun in it. I'm gonna have to sacrifice our youngest theme park. Where I'm puting things is likely not physically possible, so go with the concept.

ITTBAB - Finds a new home in a theater outside the berm in MK themed like an ant hill. The show is very slightly retooled to discuss how insects "ruin fairs" and, naturally, becomes an anchor for Toontown Fair.

FOTLK - Takes up residence where VotLM sits now (sorry Ariel fans - she can build a new dark ride in MK at the grotto).

Kilamanjaro Safaris - The Equitorial Africa pavilion finally opens at Epcot (outpost) with this as the signature attraction (obviously, this is not physically possible, but this is fun, so go with it).

Flights of Wonder - sorry. this show flies the coop :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry :lookaroun )

Kali River Rapids - The International Gateway is redeveloped into the Thai Pavilion, and this is the signature attraction.

Everest makes a trip to MK. Renamed officially Forbidden Mountain, the story remains fairly intact. It sits outside the berm where the 20k show building was, down a winding pathway.

Finding Nemo stops production to fund this move. Tarzan Rocks goes to a new theater in Adventureland.

Dino-Rama goes along the shores of Echo Lake, and that area becomes Kitcsch Shores. Some additional rides are added with pure cheesiness.

Dinosaur - The general show goes into an upgrade for the backlot tour. The trams become smaller and enter the production for the "sequel to Dinosaur." Obviously, chaos ensues as the guide is explaining, "these are all for show" and "they won't attack us."

And I think that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom