What I.D to use?

wdwnat

Original Poster
Hello!
So this year's trip in September will be my first trip being 21!
There's quite a few different alcoholic drinks I've been wanting to try around the parks and I was wondering if my UK driver's license would be accepted or if I'd need to take my passport?
The reason I ask is, last year, my sister (24) ordered an alcoholic drink at a restaurant outside of the parks and they were a little funny about accepting her UK driving license as proof of age. They did eventually, so maybe it was just that particular restaurant =\

Thanks!

DisneyDebNJ

Hello!
There's quite a few different alcoholic drinks I've been wanting to try around the parks and I was wondering if my UK driver's license would be accepted or if I'd need to take my passport?
The reason I ask is, last year, my sister (24) ordered an alcoholic drink at a restaurant outside of the parks and they were a little funny about accepting her UK driving license as proof of age. They did eventually, so maybe it was just that particular restaurant =\

Thanks!
I would bring both, just in case. If you look young for your age, its not a bad idea to have a back up. Have a great time, and remember.. drink responsibly! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello!

Thanks![/quoteWelcome!! Disney will card Izma!!! I would have both to be sure!!! If they don't know how to check UK license they may not take it!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Any Government-issued photo ID with the holder's birth-date on it should be acceptable. Unfortunately, if it's an ID the server is not familiar with they may not readily be able to find and interpret the birth-date [The U.S. has this annoying habit of rendering dates in an odd order MM/DD/YY or MM/DD/YYYY instead of our much more logical DD/MM/YY]. I imagine if the server were to absolutely refuse to accept legitimate ID just because it's "foreign", a Manager could be called.

A passport would certainly be acceptable, but carrying one around all the time is annoying.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Any Government-issued photo ID with the holder's birth-date on it should be acceptable. Unfortunately, if it's an ID the server is not familiar with they may not readily be able to find and interpret the birth-date [The U.S. has this annoying habit of rendering dates in an odd order MM/DD/YY or MM/DD/YYYY instead of our much more logical DD/MM/YY]. I imagine if the server were to absolutely refuse to accept legitimate ID just because it's "foreign", a Manager could be called.

A passport would certainly be acceptable, but carrying one around all the time is annoying.
Better than not getting served besides us gals can carry a purse and not look silly! Cross body to make sure you don't misplace your purse!

wdwnat

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Looks like the passport will be taking a trip to the world as well!
Now all I have to do is pray that the "Spiced Rum Dole Whip" proves so popular that they decide to keep it on the menus long enough for my trip :)

Britt

Thanks everyone! Looks like the passport will be taking a trip to the world as well!
Now all I have to do is pray that the "Spiced Rum Dole Whip" proves so popular that they decide to keep it on the menus long enough for my trip :)
Yep, def want to have both handy, just in case :)

CaptainShortty

According to Disney policy they would need to have a passport as a proof of age ID. Not to say some wouldn't accept your regular ID but their not supposed to.

Pretty much...bring the passport. :)

Krazikins

I would take your passport if i were you. Last time i was there i used my passport, i didnt even try and use my driving licence. I had just been to Vegas for my 21st and around 90% of places wouldnt accept my driving licence. I have no idea why :/

But i'm there in September too :) See you there! woo!

Last edited:

redpill101

Hello!

Thanks!
Hi Did you try your UK Driving license? I'm going at the end of this month and hoping we can use that rather than carrying our passports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom