What happens when you're AP expires mid trip?

Michael.

Original Poster
I'm going in May. I have an AP that will expire in the middle of the trip (i will be renewing). Is the FP+ based on length of stay at a resort? Or will the system not let me make reservations beyond my expiration date?

I will also have a total of 3 bands (one for each resort/one for AP). What's to prevent oneself from making double the amount of FP+? I am guessing there is SOMETHING to block this ability. (whether it's linked to the MM+ profile or the ticket ID itself. Which raises other questions, I'll be assigned a new ticket ID, what happens to FP+ made with the last ID?).

I confused myself as I was writing this.

JohnD

Well the Disney site says this:

"Passes can be renewed up to 60 days before or up to 30 days after your expiration date, and you receive a discount when you renew! But don't delay, because whether you renew by your expiration date or any time up to 30 days after, your renewal pass will still expire 12 months after your original expiration date."

My reading is that while you have 30 days to pay the lower renewal price, the pass still expires 12 months later, so you lose FP+ access.

You can check yourself. When you get to less than 60 days from the expiration date try to make FP+. You'll either see you still have a rolling 60 day window or the FP+ stop on your expiration date. I suspect the latter.

Re: MBs, all are tied to your account. You can't "double up" on FP+. In this case, wearing the MB is like wearing a watch. Whatever you are in the mood for wearing that day.

stalkingmickey

1. if you are staying on property the MB FP+ plus system is tied to your stay not your AP pass I believe. Since you are on property you will be getting MB's for the resort stay as well so I do not think you will be affected.

I have MB's from stays in sept & jan and will be getting my AP MB's and they are sending me one for my upcoming Sept trip. I have bands coming out of my ears!!! but on the website you can only have 1 band active and 1 pass active. My account shows 4 band but only 1 is active.

mhead

1. if you are staying on property the MB FP+ plus system is tied to your stay not your AP pass I believe. Since you are on property you will be getting MB's for the resort stay as well so I do not think you will be affected.

I have MB's from stays in sept & jan and will be getting my AP MB's and they are sending me one for my upcoming Sept trip. I have bands coming out of my ears!!! but on the website you can only have 1 band active and 1 pass active. My account shows 4 band but only 1 is active.

You can't make any FP+ reservations for days after your pass has expired. I am in assimilate situation and even though the stay is for x number of days including days after the pass expires, the only days that FP+ is available are the days while the pass is active. The system says valid admission media must be linked for the other days. It will however work when pass is renewed - which as stated earlier can be done 60 days prior to expiration. If that is done the system sees that's valid ticket will be in effect for the days needed.

Michael.

Original Poster
I can confirm this: As already noted by others, I could not make any reservations past my expiration date...

Mine was especially odd to understand at first, as my pass literally expired on my arrival date. Therefor I couldn't make FP+ until my 60 day mark, and couldn't tell whether or not I'd be able to!

I renewed today, and everything is good. It now shows I have a "valid admission media," even though its not active (I'm guessing I'll still have to a ticket booth to activate them).

Thanks to everyone whom replied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom